can you get an iphone without a data plan?
I was wondering if I could get an iphone and just have a regular talk/text plan without the data attached to it. is this possible?
- Asked by Sarina O from Ramona
- Nov 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can you get an iphone without a data plan?)
3 Answers from the Community
No, not with Verizon anyway. They will not sell a talk-only plan with a smartphone. Not even if you already own the smartphone outright. You still have to pay the contract talk-data price as if you were getting a new smartphone. The only advantage is that you can quit their service without penalty, something that you may want to do with Verizon.
- Answered by Robert B from San Francisco
- Jan 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
YES, you can with Consumer Cellular. You can choose from no data at all up to 2gb data monthly, and change it any time with no fees or costs to do so. Note they use the AT&T network for voice and data, so Verizon smartphones will not operate on the Consumer Cellular network.
- Answered by Robert G from Phoenix
- Apr 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Not sure where Ramona is, but not here in CA we have had a talk/text plan for quite a few years and recently most carriers now make it mandatory to buy the data plan if you upgrade to a smartphone.
- Answered by Virginia M from Covina
- Nov 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I buy an iPhone 5 then go to AT&T to get a data plan or do you make plans there
- Asked by Ernest E from Sterling Heights
- Feb 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy an iPhone 5 then go to AT&T to get a data plan or do you make plans there)
I want to get an iPhone, I already have an iPad with the at&T data month to month plan.....can I save money by getting a data plan for both?
- Asked by Dean M from Jefferson
- Nov 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to get an iPhone, I already have an iPad with the at&T data month to month plan.....can I save money by getting a data plan for both?)