Can I come in and trade in a broke iPhone 4 for a new one
- Asked by Ionia C from Denmark
- Aug 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I come in and trade in a broke iPhone 4 for a new one)
2 Answers from the Community
In America they usually let you. But they charge you a service fee based on the damage.
My iPod nano (retail $150) had water damage. The digitizer went out, but it still played music. They charged me $80, and swapped it for a new one.
The port connector to charge my iPod Touch broke off. (retail $179) They charged me $100 and gave me a new one.
Again, this is in America. You should visit an Apple Store and find out.
- Answered by Andres Jr T from Yuma
- Aug 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Ideally you need to take the iphone into a registered Apple service centre for assessment, under standard manufacturer's warranty normally liquid and impact damage aren't covered, but it depends on the assessment the technician's can come back with - if it is replaced, usually the iphone will be a refurbished model and there is normally a fee for assessing the damage and for the replacement model - but this may differ per country, so best to head in and have a chat with them :D
- Answered by Jo T from Ballarat
- Aug 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
is there a trade in program for iPhone
- Asked by Robert L from New York
- Apr 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a trade in program for iPhone)
No answers yet