What is the best virus protection for iMac
Best virus software
- Asked by Wendy S from Castro Valley
- Nov 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best virus protection for iMac)
- Asked about: Mac
2 Answers from the Community
If you have ever talked to Apple Support they all recommend protection. Contrary to what is posted, the old days of Apple not being vulnerable are long gone... if they ever really existed for virus and malware. Recent articles in PC mags will list what they consider the best. Several are free. All will help. The only virus and malware product dedicated to Mac only is Intego, which always seems to be highly rated.
Better a little free protection than none at all. Research don't always believe what you read.
- Answered by John H from Cumming
- May 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Macs are very secure and have had few outbreaks, and I wouldn't recommend using an antivirus software, because it takes up space, and will run in the background using RAM, and the processor.
- Answered by Connor B from Golden
- Nov 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is it lightening and surge protected?
- Asked by John G from Houston
- Jul 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it lightening and surge protected?)
- Asked about: Twelve South PlugBug World Charger …
No answers yet