what is the app that tracks theft you can download
I saw where a star was car jacked and the app not only retrieved the ipad, but got the thief arrested. GPS app for Ipad is what I am looking for or app to turn on I have the 3rd gen IPAD just purchased, 32G. thank you.
- Asked by Martha L from Round Rock
- Nov 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the app that tracks theft you can download)
3 Answers from the Community
Apple's iCloud is built in to iOS 6 and has a bit of a tracking feature, called "Find my iPhone". It works with iPhones, but also iPods, iPads and MacBooks. It does "track" your computer, but as I learned with a recent theft of my MacBook, the tracking is only approximate. You can configure your iCloud tracking feature in your Settings App.
There are also third party tracking apps. I can't see how they could track any better, as the tracking is limited by the physical features of the devices, not software. However, they can offer extra features, such as taking photos automatically and sending them to you. "Prey" is one such service, I'm subscribed to it, but haven't really had to "test" it yet. Just search in the App store, you'll probably find others.
- Answered by James S from Calgary
- Nov 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Find My Phone
Its Free :)
- Answered by John E
- Nov 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Thotsaphon T
- Dec 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I download this app to my mini apple ipad?
- Asked by Charles R from Roanoke
- Feb 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download this app to my mini apple ipad?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
do i need an account from amazon to download the kindle apps to my i pad
- Asked by Norma C from Fort Pierce
- Dec 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need an account from amazon to download the kindle apps to my i pad)
how tracking my device if lose
- Asked by Joe H
- Mar 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how tracking my device if lose)
No answers yet