What is a dongle?
I see people asking if they could use a "dongle" with an iPad or iPad 2 WiFi (which I have). I did not understand the conversations, but I would like to know what is a dongle and if it might be of interest for me for my iPad 2.
- Asked by Judy R from Bronx
- Aug 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is a dongle?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
3 Answers from the Community
a dongle is a connector for the ipad to connect to for example a starboard.
has nothing to do with wifi.
- Answered by Selma W from Spring
- Feb 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
A dongle is what the rest of the world calls an air card, wireless internet card. Its those little gizmos at the cell phone shops that look like think nub antennas. They are good for laptop that didn't come with a wireless internet card so that your laptop can either pick up wireless internet or support its own internet via its own data plan.
- Answered by Daniel H from Fort Walton Beach
- Jan 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
A dongle is used to access wifi anywhere.
- Answered by Margaret P
- Nov 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I use a dongle to my apple iPad 2
- Asked by Ishan M
- Feb 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a dongle to my apple iPad 2)
No answers yet
Can I use a dongle with my iPad 4
- Asked by Margaret P
- Jun 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a dongle with my iPad 4)
No answers yet