use with iPad/iMac/ & PC
Can I use this device with my iPad 2?
Can I take it from my Mac at Home to my PC at work seamlessly?
If not, is there another external storage device I should be looking at between 500GB and 1 TB ?
- Asked by Andrew B from Wpg
- Oct 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (use with iPad/iMac/ & PC)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Porsche Design P'9223 USB…
1 Answer from the Community
There is no easy way to use an external hard drive with an iPad or any other common tablet computer. It will work on a PC and Mac. Another issue is that different operating systems use different filesystems. Windows typically uses NTFS, while Mac OS X can read from NTFS, but can't write to it. Linux can read and write to NTFS. Linux typically uses ext4, which can't be accessed at all from Mac OS X or Windows. Mac OS X uses HFS+, which can be accessed from Linux but not Windows. Fat32 will work on all operating systems, but it has some limitations (for example it doesn't support files larger than 4 GB). Fat32 is currently your only option if you want to use the drive on both PC and Mac and need read/write support on Mac.
- Answered by Alexander J from Winston-salem
- Oct 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I move knitting patterns from Microsoft Pc to the I Pat minin
- Asked by Patricia F from Harrah
- Nov 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I move knitting patterns from Microsoft Pc to the I Pat minin)
Can I use the lightning digital AV adapter to make my Ipad Air a second monitor for my PC?
- Asked by Aaron S from Milford
- May 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the lightning digital AV adapter to make my Ipad Air a second monitor for my PC?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
how can i see my pc videos to ipad?
- Asked by Konstantinos A
- Mar 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i see my pc videos to ipad?)
No answers yet