Should I buy an iPad mini or Macbook Air 11?
I already have a full iPad 3... the 6 month OLD iPad... but I do want a new computer because my Dell stinks really bad... like the battery will die instantly if I unplug it. But I also want a more portable tablet from Apple of course. Nither of them have Retina, I know but I just can't wait for either "next generation" ones. I was going to get a new iPod touch, but the iPad mini is only $30 extra.... so why not get that instead of the iPod. I'm so confused on which to get because The macbook can do EVERY thing that I do on my iPad, but the iPad mini can do everything also... oh, and just recently like yesterday, My dell computer stopped woking properly, so I can't sync my iPad anymore...
- Asked by Dante R from Berlin
- Oct 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Should I buy an iPad mini or Macbook Air 11?)
4 Answers from the Community
I don't understand your reasoning behind wanting an iPad mini when you already have the iPad 3; But go with the MBA. It'll be of far more use than a smaller version of what you already have. And the MBA can do much more than everything you can do on your iPad; It's a more logical choice to skip the mini, and get the Air. If your only concern is that you can't sync your iPad anymore, then skip both. Since iOS 5 was released, it hasn't been necessary to sync you iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for updates. And you can find an app in the App Store to back up your data.
- Answered by Max B from Jacksonville
- Nov 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It depends on what your going to use them for. If you just browse the web, watch videos, and check email, the iPad mini is the way to go.
But if you need something with a lot of power, MacBook Air would be better.
But again, it all comes down to what you are going to do with it and how much you are willing to spend.
- Answered by Zachary H from Edison
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
iPads are good for simple things like web browsing, etc. But on the other hand, the MBA is good for more advanced computing. It all depends on what you will use it for and how much you want to spend. Since you already have an iPad and your old computer died, I think you should get a MacBook Air.
- Answered by Zach H from York
- Jul 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
- Answered by Matthew K from Surrey
- Dec 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Does it make sense to buy an IPad Mini for travel to use instead of my MacBook AIr ?
- Asked by Doralynn J from Fort Lauderdale
- Sep 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it make sense to buy an IPad Mini for travel to use instead of my MacBook AIr ?)
if i buy a new ipad mini and i have iwork for iPhone and my macbook air, will i get iwork on my ipad for free or do i have to pay for it again?
- Asked by Kevin K from Cottondale
- Jun 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (if i buy a new ipad mini and i have iwork for iPhone and my macbook air, will i get iwork on my ipad for free or do i have to pay for it again?)