Power adapters (Wall Charger)
I have noticed Apple have different power adapter Wattages for different devices, eg iPhone 5W adapter, iPad 10W adapter, what is the 12W power adapter for??
Also does this mean the cables are different too? Eg, iPod Usb-30pin cable can it be used with iPad 3rd generation?
- Asked by Kalpesh B
- Dec 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Power adapters (Wall Charger))
1 Answer from the Community
12W Adapter came for iPad 4, and can be used with every other Apple iPod, iPad and iPhone.
10W is for all Apple iPods, iPads and iPhones except the iPad 4 (Actually it will charge but slower than the 12W)
5W Adapters are for all iPod and iPhones.
Apple Lightning to USB Cable is for iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 5,5C,5S
The 30 Pin cable is for all other iPods, iPads and iPhones
The connectors to connect cables with chargers are USB so 3 chargers and 2 cables above are compatible with each other.
- Answered by Divij V
- Sep 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use a european style adapter with my Ipad charger wall plug in?
- Asked by Ruth M from Durand
- Sep 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a european style adapter with my Ipad charger wall plug in?)
what is the the power source?
- Asked by Lewis C
- Jan 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the the power source?)
- Asked about: Philips Clock Dock
Do you sell replacement I pad chargers?
- Asked by Richard S from Myrtle Beach
- Dec 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you sell replacement I pad chargers?)
No answers yet