Mobile data without a monthly plan?
If I buy an iPad with AT&T 4G, does that mean I'm required to sign up for a data plan from AT&T, with a monthly fee, no matter how infrequently I will actually use any cellular data?
At least 98% of the time I'd be using it on WiFi at home or work, and would want to just turn the cellular connection off. But when I travel, I would like to have the option of using cellular data. I'm willing to buy prepaid data service of some kind, but I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how that works. Would I have to swap out a SIM card? Is this the same as jailbreaking?
And just to further complicate things, I would be buying the iPad in the US, where I live, but one place I may travel and want to use it is western Europe (mainly the UK, Germany, and Italy). Would a solution that works in the US also work there?
- Asked by Mary M from Seatac
- Sep 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Mobile data without a monthly plan?)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Mobile plans for I pad mini
- Asked by Thomas R from Clovis
- Jan 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Mobile plans for I pad mini)
No answers yet
im planning to get an ipad with 3g do you have to pay monthly or pay once?
- Asked by Angelina K from Cypress
- Jan 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (im planning to get an ipad with 3g do you have to pay monthly or pay once?)
does an idpad require a data plan
- Asked by Billy A from Riverside
- Dec 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does an idpad require a data plan)
No answers yet