is ipad mini retina cellular unlocked? (International)
I am studying abroad in NYC and I'm Korean. I am thinking of buying Ipad mini retina cellular model. Is it unlocked? if it is, then can I use korean carrier sim card when I am in korea? I am going to use T-mobile or AT&T when i am in US and change sim-card to Korean carrier in Korea. Can I do that? or should I just buy Wi-fi model?
- Asked by Junghae P from White Plains
- Feb 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (is ipad mini retina cellular unlocked? (International))
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, you can iPad with Cellular - advise would be to buy the iPad from Apple directly as it seems it is unlocked for all carriers. Though if you buy an iPad like att, verizon, etc direct stores it is not unlocked and stuck with that carrier even though they provide you a lower price to bring you in.
I have puchased an iPad Mini 3 with fingerprint with cellular and it was $100 bucks cheaper. But when i canceled the service and went to tmobile same gsm carrier it would not work had to get it unlocked from att and it was a pain.
So now i buy my items directly with apple as i have a choice and can go with any carrier, plus in the us and international this goes with iPhones as well but i buy the iPhone full price with tmobile and works with att now that I'm with and works where when i bought an att at the time tried it with tmobile and did not work as well with cricket.
- Answered by Daniel F from Chicago
- Dec 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Desmond O from Houston
- Jun 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does IPAD MINI with retina display Wifi + cellular works in Egypt?
- Asked by Wael R from Giza
- Dec 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does IPAD MINI with retina display Wifi + cellular works in Egypt?)