is an ipad mini and ipad 3rd generation the same device?!
- Asked by Mele N from Spanish Fork
- Dec 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is an ipad mini and ipad 3rd generation the same device?!)
2 Answers from the Community
The iPad 4th Generation (Unless you can get an iPad 3rd Generation from another supplier) has got a new Apple A6X Chip which is 2x the processing power, 2x the Graphics power and a new Image Signal Processor, improved Wi-Fi to 8.0.11a/b/c&n and new LTE networks added if you want the Cellular version and is a 9.7 inch Retina Display Screen.
The iPad mini has a Apple A5 Chip, Dual-core processor, so will have the same aspects of the iPad 2 but in a smaller version of a 7.9" screen, redesigned by Apple. The screen on the iPad mini isn't a Retina Display though.
It's what you're mainly going to be using your iPad for. If its for heavy graphics, designing, creating and Keynotes the iPad 4th Generation is your best option.
If its just for general browsing on the internet, or just games, little bit of work on Pages, Numbers (not Keynote) then the iPad mini is good for on the go as it is thin and light for you to take with you anywhere.
- Answered by Josh R
- Jan 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, there are a few aspects that differ in the Ipad 3rd and the ipad mini, most notably is the size of the tablets screen. The Ipad is almost a ten inch screen were as the mini screen a lot less. Some of the other items too are the ipad mini is not a retina display and the processor I believe are different. Last not least, the Ipad mini uses the new Lightening connector instead of the older 30pin connector that most people are used to.
- Answered by Todd B from Hudson
- Dec 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
is it compatible with iPad 3rd generation?
- Asked by Laurie S from Vancouver
- Mar 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (is it compatible with iPad 3rd generation?)
- Asked about: Libratone Live Speaker with AirPlay…
Is the iPad mini screen display resolution is near to be a retina display which is as on the 3rd and 4th gen iPad?
- Asked by Akmal Danial K from Shah Alam
- Oct 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the iPad mini screen display resolution is near to be a retina display which is as on the 3rd and 4th gen iPad?)
Why disappeared 3rd generation iPad?
- Asked by Krishna Sudhakar Reddy P
- Jul 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Why disappeared 3rd generation iPad?)