How do I hear sound from my iPad through my car sound system?
I have an iPad 3 and want to listen to audiobooks whilst driving my car on frequent long distant travel. I drive a VW Golf. The speaker in the iPad is not strong enough to hear over the engine noise at speed and holding th iPad with speaker uppermost on my lap is satisfactory for sound but unsatisfactory for safety.
- Asked by Felicity B from Nelson Bay
- Apr 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I hear sound from my iPad through my car sound system?)
1 Answer from the Community
If your Golf has Bluetooth, you should be able to pair it with your iPad, and listen to audio from your iPad through your car stereo.
Alternatively, if your car has a USB port (that connects to the car stereo), connect it to your iPad with the charge/sync cable that came with your iPad.
Lastly, if your car has an analogue audio input, you can connect the headphone output of the iPad to it. The iPad takes a 3.5mm TRS jack. Cars with an analogue audio input usually also take a 3.5mm jack.
Any electronics store selling iPad accessories (eg. JB Hi-Fi) should be able to offer you advice and sell you required cables.
- Answered by Andrew G from Fadden
- Jul 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Help? I need a sound card and a mic to record audio interview on my Mac book Pro. Should i buy an Apogee one or Apogee mic digital microphone?
- Asked by Louise D from Waverton
- Mar 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Help? I need a sound card and a mic to record audio interview on my Mac book Pro. Should i buy an Apogee one or Apogee mic digital microphone?)
- Asked about: Apogee ONE USB Microphone and Audio…
What speakers should I to get for large room filling sound with ipad 2
- Asked by Krisse A from Tucson
- Apr 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What speakers should I to get for large room filling sound with ipad 2)