Does reading through ibooks or Kindle for iPad use data?
I am looking to buy an iPad mini or iPad and want to use it for apps for our preschooler, reading, and surfing the web.
If you are reading using either iBooks or the Kindle app - is that considered to be using data? Or is just using stored content on the device? I am trying to figure out how much GB I would need to get per month through our carrier.
- Asked by Erica S from Ocala
- Feb 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does reading through ibooks or Kindle for iPad use data?)
1 Answer from the Community
It does not use data unless you download the books away from wifi. Once they are downloaded they are stored on the iPad and is not considered using data.
- Answered by Mark C from Saint John
- May 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the iPad mini reader be used outdoors like the Kindle?
- Asked by Perry S from Wilmington
- Oct 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the iPad mini reader be used outdoors like the Kindle?)