Does ipad mini with cellular can make phone calls without using any app?
- Asked by Faiz H from Iligan City
- Nov 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does ipad mini with cellular can make phone calls without using any app?)
3 Answers from the Community
Well, without using ANY app all you're doing is staring at your home screen full of app icons. If you mean using only one of the default apps, then no. The closest you can come is with FaceTime, which is Apple-to-Apple only.
However, there are many ways you can place and receive phone calls with cell phones and land lines using any number of apps. With Google Voice service from Google you can make calls, take calls, and send/receive SMS; it's all still free although Google might change that at any time. Google has its own app (Google Voice) although you will need some other VOIP app to go along with it. GV Mobile + v3 does pretty much everything Google's Google Voice app does plus it has VOIP built in although it does cost a few dollars rather than being free. Other options are to get an app such as TextNow, which has free texting, free incoming calls, and outgoing calls which require "credits" which can either be purchased with iTunes dollars or earned by downloading other apps or watching ads or signing up for other services.
- Answered by John H from Oakland Gardens
- Nov 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Akhtar W from Riyadh
- Jul 7, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Manan K
- Jun 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Free App to allow you to make international calls on an iPad mini2
- Asked by Ian P from Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Dec 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Free App to allow you to make international calls on an iPad mini2)