can i use a WiFi phone to access the internet on i pad 1wifi
- Asked by Razaq M from Lagos
- Jan 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a WiFi phone to access the internet on i pad 1wifi)
- Asked about: iPhone
1 Answer from the Community
I think what you are asking is "Can I use an iPhone in conjunction with a wi-fi only iPad so that I can use the iPad where there is no wi-fi." If that is your question, the answer is maybe. All iPhones from the 3G to present are capable of this but not all carriers will let you. It is easily set up in settings on the iPhone. Check with your carrier to see if they allow it. In Canada, for instance, Rogers has always allowed it but in the USA, AT&T didn't initially allow it but they do now. Keep in mind that internet surfing can use lots of data, and hopefully your data plan is large enough for this additional usage.
- Answered by Ken G from Aurora
- Jul 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
do I need a cell phone for the Wi-Fi & Cellular iPad? I want to access Internet while traveling & not near a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Asked by Jill M from Columbia
- Dec 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do I need a cell phone for the Wi-Fi & Cellular iPad? I want to access Internet while traveling & not near a Wi-Fi hotspot.)