It's apple TV compatible with 802.11ac routers?
- Asked by Rafael A U from Miami
- Feb 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (It's apple TV compatible with 802.11ac routers?)
2 Answers from the Community
It's compatible with your router but it will just use 802.11n, which your router supports, and won't run the 802.11ac protocol, because it doesn't support it. It's misleading to call this "supporting" 802.11ac. It will work fine.
- Answered by Joel T from Leawood
- Jan 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Absolutely! All AC Routers are backwards compatible to 802.11 A, B, G and N. Since AC speeds correlate to the speed of file sharing more so than internet (the US doesn't yet have internet that reaches 1gb/s, yet), it wouldn't matter anyhow. The BIGGEST "plus" of AC routers is that they offer better signal strength at greater distances. So remember to password protect your AC router, so the neighbor doesn't use your connection for free! :)
- Answered by Kenneth W from Pasadena
- Jun 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
is apple tv compatible with a jvc tube television?
- Asked by Jennifer P from Hopewell Junction
- Mar 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (is apple tv compatible with a jvc tube television?)
can i use my iPad as a television with my Apple TV?
- Asked by Fran O from Vancouver
- Mar 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use my iPad as a television with my Apple TV?)
Does Apple TV tape from television
- Asked by Marieanne C from Melbourne
- Dec 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV tape from television)