Does Apple TV send out its own wifi?
- Asked by Pascale J from Nyack
- Dec 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV send out its own wifi?)
2 Answers from the Community
Not sure what you mean. The Apple TV needs to be connected to a network, usually a WiFi network, or possibly connected with an Ethernet cable. If you have Internet connection then 99.9% you have a network as well. If you have an Apple TV, a Mac with movies, and no Internet connection at all, then the Mac can create its own WiFi network and you can play movies or music from it.
- Answered by Christian B
- Jan 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It does NOT act like a wi-fi router. It does NOT extend a wi-fi network. It acts like many other wi-fi client device, but also advertises itself as a display device with AirPlay.
- Answered by David Z from Trabuco Canyon
- Jan 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2