Can I use My Macbook as a remote control for my Apple TV
i have lost my remote for the apple TV. I plan to program a universal remote but I cannot turn on the apple tv until I have done so. Can I turn the Apple TV on with my Mac?
- Asked by Margaret R from Jaffrey
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use My Macbook as a remote control for my Apple TV)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes. Use the 1Keyboard app. It works via bluetooth very well.
- Answered by Chris S from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Your MacBook will be able to turn your Apple TV on, but you need the remote/remote app to navigate the menus.
As far as programing a remote you need a an infrared remote, you could use an existing remote as well that has unassigned functions (VCR,DVD pretty much anything thats to in use but it must infrared). However in order to do this you do need navigate the menus Setting>General>Remote and select Third Party Remote and from there you just click Start and follow the steps to learn the new remote.
If you have an iOS device, iPhone iPad iPod, and download the remote app from the App Store, you could use this as a remote or to set up your new remote.
- Answered by Matt M from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I use the Apple TV Remote App on my iPhone5 to control two Apple TVs?
- Asked by Lorrie M K from Red Deer
- May 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Apple TV Remote App on my iPhone5 to control two Apple TVs?)
If you mount apple tv behind the television, does the remote work properly?
- Asked by Leslie H from Houston
- Dec 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (If you mount apple tv behind the television, does the remote work properly?)
CAN I BUY AN APPLE TV REMOTE
- Asked by Sue R from Homer
- Apr 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (CAN I BUY AN APPLE TV REMOTE)