Can I use Apple TV with a Windows PC to connect to an LCD projector?
I am a teacher. I have only PC's. Can I use Apple TV to wirelessly connect the computer to the LCD projector? Would I need additional equipment or cable?
- Asked by Susan A from Nutter Fort
- Sep 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Apple TV with a Windows PC to connect to an LCD projector?)
- Asked about: Kanex ATV Pro HDMI to VGA Adapter w…
3 Answers from the Community
There are third party apps/programs you can install on windows that will allow you to airplay mirror to an apple tv 2 or later even from a PC! (also mac) one being airparrot although I'd suggest you check out all options and make a choice for yourself which one suits your needs best.
- Answered by Jonathan B from Kitchener
- Oct 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
That depends on what you want to send to the projector.
From tech specs:
"For streaming media from a Mac or PC: iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing"
You won't be able to mirror what is on the PC screen. You would only be able to stream content from iTunes on the PC. The Apple TV would connect to your projector using this adapter and then you would stream the iTunes content wirelessly through Home Sharing.
- Answered by Christina T from Lake Oswego
- Dec 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Mazen I from Cypress
- Feb 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3