can I turn on apple tv without remote
- Asked by Linda A from Turlock
- Jul 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I turn on apple tv without remote)
2 Answers from the Community
You need the infrared remote to turn on the Apple TV.
If you have previously (when you had the infrared remote) set up Home Sharing on the Apple TV, you can download the free Remote app, set it up for home sharing, and it will find the Apple TV and turn it on (that's the "Wake on LAN" feature of 802.11 in action).
But if you haven't set up Home Sharing, you're out of luck and need to go to the Apple store and buy the (rather inexpensive) infrared remote.
- Answered by Julian B from Baie-d'urfe
- Jul 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you're only wanting to switch it on for Airplay then you can disconnect and reconnect the power cable and it should automatically switch on. Theres obviously no way to control anything else though.
- Answered by Samantha F
- Mar 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i use my iPad as a television with my Apple TV?
- Asked by Fran O from Vancouver
- Mar 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use my iPad as a television with my Apple TV?)
Does Apple TV tape from television
- Asked by Marieanne C from Melbourne
- Dec 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV tape from television)