Can I mirror my itouch 1st gen to my Apple TV?
I have an itouch 1st gen and an Apple TV 3. It is letting use the basic airplay for movies and music but I can't seem to get the mirroring switch to come up. Is my itouch compatible with airplay mirroring? Why? Or why not?
- Asked by Nathaniel E from Chesapeake
- Feb 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I mirror my itouch 1st gen to my Apple TV?)
1 Answer from the Community
No, you need an iPod Touch 5th-gen to mirror the entire screen. From the Apple website:
"AirPlay Mirroring is available with iPhone 4s or later; iPad 2 or later; iPad mini; iPod touch (5th generation); and iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer), and Mac Pro (Late 2013) with OS X Mountain Lion or later."
AirPlay mirroring requires a processor with hardware support for video compression and decompression, and the older processors just aren't powerful enough to compress a full screen in real time without skipping frames. If the mirroring switch isn't displayed, your device is not supported for mirroring.
- Answered by Julian B
- Feb 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
is 1st gen ipad compatible with apple tv?
- Asked by John F. D from Las Vegas
- Nov 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (is 1st gen ipad compatible with apple tv?)
No answers yet
how far can the apple tv be from the television
- Asked by Adam W R from North Ryde
- Mar 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (how far can the apple tv be from the television)
No answers yet