Can I connect an Apple TV to a Bose without an optical input
- Asked by Alphons V
- Apr 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect an Apple TV to a Bose without an optical input)
1 Answer from the Community
Not directly. But you can connect your TV via HDMI, and then connect your TV's analog outputs to the Bose unit using a standard stereo RCA cable (or RCA to 3.5mm cable, depending on your Bose model).
If you plan to use the Bose stereo only (I.e. without a TV), a much better choice would be the Airport Express. It has both digital (TosLink) and analog (3.5mm) audio outputs, and no HDMI.
- Answered by Julian B from Baie-d'urfe
- Jun 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Apple TV connections dilemma
- Asked by Kevin B from West Hill
- Dec 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple TV connections dilemma)
can I change the optic audio out from Apple TV to analog?
- Asked by Anthonius B from Miramar
- Feb 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I change the optic audio out from Apple TV to analog?)
What is a DVI input on my TV?
- Asked by John B from Clifton Park
- Nov 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is a DVI input on my TV?)