Can Apple TV run wireless from my router or do I need to run cable
- Asked by Robert G from Brampton
- Jul 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Apple TV run wireless from my router or do I need to run cable)
2 Answers from the Community
Apple TV works with pretty well any 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless router, and it's not necessary to run an Ethernet cable to it.
In certain environments (for example, a multi-storey apartment building with dozens of wireless routers in a small area), less expensive wireless routers will experience a lot of interference and perform poorly. In that case, it's best to run a cable from your router to the Ethernet port on the back of Apple TV.
- Answered by Julian B from Baie-d'urfe
- Jul 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Rebecca M from Baycity
- Aug 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2