Can Apple TV be viewed on a Smartboard through a PC?
I am thinking about buying a few Apple TV's for some of my grade levels. The state gave them iPad minis to do evaluations on but I and the teachers believe they can be used for more. The problem is we only have PC's and the district will not help with anything Apple. I would like to try and show them the benefits of having apple products in the classroom. We have Smartboards which can hook to a windows 7 computer. Can the Apple TV be connected through the Windows 7 computer onto a Smartboard to show what is on the iPad mini?
- Asked by Julie V from Hillsborough
- Nov 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Apple TV be viewed on a Smartboard through a PC?)
1 Answer from the Community
Sorry, I think you're out of luck on this one. Apple TV absolutely requires an HDMI connection to the display, and the Smartboard devices only support a USB connection directly to a Windows or Mac computer. To the best of my knowledge, there is no Windows software that can convert Apple TV's HDMI output into the proprietary USB protocol that drives the Smartboard. Therefore it is impossible to connect Apple TV to a Smartboard.
- Answered by Julian B from Baie-d'urfe
- Nov 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can Apple TV be hooked up to a computer that projects to a smartboard
- Asked by Barbara R from Fort Myers
- Apr 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Apple TV be hooked up to a computer that projects to a smartboard)
Does Apple TV tape from television
- Asked by Marieanne C from Melbourne
- Dec 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV tape from television)