Apple TV connections dilemma
I am thinking of buying an Apple TV. I currently have a flat screen TV connected to a home theatre system for the full audio experience. The TV has one HDMI slot. The home theatre receiver has no HDMI but has an Optical Input. I am told that I need HDMI connections to be able to use an Apple TV. Can I connect the Apple TV to the HDMI port on the TV for Video, and connect the Apple TV to the Optical Input on my home theatre receiver for the Audio?
- Asked by Kevin B from West Hill
- Dec 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple TV connections dilemma)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes. I currently have my tv/audio set up that way. My video runs directly to the tv via HDMI, and my audio runs to the audio receiver via the optical out on the AppleTV. BTW, I love AppleTV. Pretty much use it as jukebox for my music and music videos. I control the AppleTV via my Ipad. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Paul Z from Shorewood
- Jan 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
yes, I had my first apple tv set up that way to my roommate's audio system.
- Answered by Robert H from Dallas
- Jan 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i use my iPad as a television with my Apple TV?
- Asked by Fran O from Vancouver
- Mar 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use my iPad as a television with my Apple TV?)
can i use one apple tv on two tvs?
- Asked by Amanda B from Happy Valley
- Apr 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use one apple tv on two tvs?)