Offering wide-ranging compatibility, the Creature III's stereo mini-jack connection lets you enjoy high-quality audio from your Mac desktop or notebook, an iPod or iPod touch or any other audio system.
Easy use and impressive sound
Convenient touch controls provide at-your-fingertip command of volume settings. Treble and subwoofer level controls located on the front of the subwoofer also allow easy adjustment. And of course the powerful subwoofer delivers clean, low bass.
- Best-in-class audio performance
- Two satellite speakers rated at 5 watts each
- One subwoofer rated at 15 watts
- Straightforward connections and minimal desktop wiring
Did you notice?The Creature III's space age design adds a unique and dramatic look to your listening environment.
Apple Recommends ForSeamless integration with your Mac or iPod, along with exceptional audio performance and simple touch controls for volume or muting.
What's in the Box?
- Two stereo satellite speakers
- One powered subwoofer
- Power supply and electrical connection
- All necessary cables for audio connections
- Frequency Response : 50Hz - 20kHz
- Connections : Headphone port
- Power : AC power required for operation
- Height : Satellite: 2.75 in./70 mm; Subwoofer: 9 in./230 mm
- Width : Satellite: 3 in./75 mm; Subwoofer: 9 in./230 mm
- Depth : Satellite: 3 in./75 mm; Subwoofer: 9 in./230 mm
- Mfr. Part Number : CREATURE3BLK
- UPC or EAN No. : 50036919357
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Great sound in a small package.
I just upgraded my old JBL computer speakers to the JBL Creature III and I am very satisfied. However, for some reason they do no t seem as loud as my last pair, but the bass and clarity has improved alot. I also like how the bass and treble control knobs are placed right in front for easy access. I would definitely recommend these speakers to anyone looking to buy new computer speakers. They are well worth the extra money; you will not be disappointed! …
- Written by Jesse M from Avon
134 of 152 people found this useful
Great speakers for imac
Just bought these speakers for my 27" imac. The built-in speakers of the imac are decent, but these little creatures blow them awa y. For just under 100 bucks, its perfect for those that want an upgrade in sound. The subwoofer provides a nice kick without distortion. Some may not like their unique look, but having a mac is all about being a little different, and these little bad boys fit right in. …
- Written by Kevin N from san mateo
120 of 131 people found this useful
Don't listen to the below poster...
To the comment below mine which states that the Treble and Bass knobs are backward, they are not. I am looking at mine right now.. . I have seen that EXACT comment in multiple places and, although true for the older models, it is not the case for the new ones. Even if they were, who cares... Still, these are great speakers for what they are. Great thick and punching bass with crisp highs and clear mids. Certainly better than my 5 year old Harman/Kardons... A great buy and highly recommended! …
- Written by Doreen C from MIDLAND PARK
102 of 116 people found this useful
A tad disappointed
I own a set of the original Creatures (and love them) so getting a second set for my wife's new iMac was a natural. I tested them on my Mac and sadly the new ones are MUCH quieter despite both being rated at 25W. So quiet that I would not recommend them. The sound quality is excellent but, no matter how good, it underwhelms when it's just not loud enough. Also missing is the cool blue LEDs that shone down under the 1st gen speakers. JBL, why would you ruin a good thing and shade your reputation? …
- Written by Kevin B from Victoria
4 of 4 people found this useful
They dont make'em like they used to
I have the first generation creature speakers. LOVED THEM. loud, great bass.. not static. But My daughter thought the satellite sp eakers were for poking... with a PEN!
For Christmas i asked for the new version. Thought it was a perfect purchase...new technology better sound... i would love them too.
Well not quite. The sound was less then loud, and the bass was just average. I decided my old creature speakers were better then the creature III speakers and will be returning them right away! …
- Written by Sommer K from Brooklyn
7 of 8 people found this useful
By way of full disclosure, I do not push these speakers by any stretch. And, I have the sub jammed by my feet, with the satellite speakers placed about 2 feet apart on the top of my desk. So my deployment is not one of an audiophile.
That said, even at low volumes with suboptimal deployment, the speakers provide rich, full sound.
Dings on the speakers are the master volume buttons, which do not provide much feedback when pushed, and from my very limited testing, it does not seem like the top end volume is very high.
All-in-all, though, an excellent speaker set that is well worth the price. …
- Written by Patrick M from Vienna
23 of 25 people found this useful