Whether you're recording a guitar at your kitchen table or a complete band in the studio, the Snowball can capture sound with detail unheard of before in a USB mic. Plus, it's a direct plug and play mic that connects to either a Mac or PC - no additional software is needed.
Record anything from vocals to a full band
With its dual capsule design and unique three-pattern switch - cardioid, cardioid with -10dB pad, and omni - the Snowball can handle everything from soft vocals to the loudest garage band - and it's ideal for podcasting.
Capture every sound
With three pattern adjustments, the Snowball is ideal for variety of settings. Cardoid is great for vocals, voice over, podcasting, and internet communications. Cardioid with -10dB pad is ideal for instruments. And Omni is best for interviews, live recording and jam sessions.
Plug and play design
You don't need any complicated drivers—Snowball works automatically with all Mac models. It can also connect to your iPad using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately).
- Dual capsule CD-quality microphone for superior sound
- Professional quality Blue condenser capsules
- CD-quality audio
- Easy installation and use
- Rugged adjustable mic stand included
- Blue Microphones' renowned circuitry
- USB cable included
- Perfect for podcasting, internet communication, voice recognition software, movie narration, music, live recording, interviews
- Connects to iPad with 30-pin dock connector using Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
Did you notice?The unique shape of the Snowball allows for the maximum passage of sound through the microphone—to achieve extremely detailed recordings.
Apple Recommends ForHigh-quality advanced multimedia applications such as voice recognition and podcasting and audio recording applications like GarageBand and Logic Audio.
What's in the Box?
- Blue Microphones Snowball USB microphone
- Rugged adjustable mic stand
- USB cable
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 18kHz
- Width: 4.06 in./10.3 cm (diameter)
- Weight: 1.01 lb./460 g
- Mac OS X v.10.4.9 or later
- 64 MB RAM
- USB 2.0
- Windows XP (SP2)/Vista/7
- Mfr. Part Number: SNOWBALL-GB
- UPC or EAN No.: 836213001912
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two years
- Two year
Ratings & Reviews
When I bought this for singing the guy at the apple store told I should save up money and buy something more expensive but I bough When I bought this for singing the guy at the apple store told I should save up money and buy something more expensive but I bought a lot of things that day and there was no money to save up to I bought this. I AM SO GLAD, it works great with garage band, my vocals sound perfectly fine, my friends listen to my song and they say it sounds like lady gaga so I think this mic really did the job for a good price too …
- Written by Daniella V from Dracut
245 of 267 people found this useful
This is a great microphone! I use it for my podcasts and anything else that uses a microphone! it is a nice GREAT Quality micropho This is a great microphone! I use it for my podcasts and anything else that uses a microphone! it is a nice GREAT Quality microphone! …
- Written by Dan L from Flemington
200 of 219 people found this useful
I highly recommend this microphone to anyone who is starting off podcasts or any kind of voice overs, the quality is amazing and t I highly recommend this microphone to anyone who is starting off podcasts or any kind of voice overs, the quality is amazing and the set up is easy! Not sure why it's getting bad reviews. …
- Written by . . from .
128 of 132 people found this useful
Absolutely amazing. Perfect quality. No better microphone that money could buy.
- Written by Amy D from Unity
32 of 36 people found this useful
I bought the Snowball with the intention of recording my band (vocals, 2 guitars, bass and drums). We wanted a microphone that cou I bought the Snowball with the intention of recording my band (vocals, 2 guitars, bass and drums). We wanted a microphone that could capture everything. The very first position of the mic was perfect. Almost in the middle of the band, waist high.
We are a band playing very loud rock and the Snowball just picks up everything! It is absolutely amazing! We would recommend it for bands, who wants to record their songs, for listening and reviewing, look for new opportunities, ideas and patterns in their songs.
Hope this helps other rockers out there. …
- Written by Jens Olpindo K from København Ø
41 of 41 people found this useful
I purchased the Snowball for dictation with 10.8. Previously I had tried speaking to the Internal Mic, using a Bluetooth Headset I purchased the Snowball for dictation with 10.8. Previously I had tried speaking to the Internal Mic, using a Bluetooth Headset and using a wired Mic - all fairly useless. The Snowball, however, is amazing. I have placed it a foot away on my desk and it captures my speech almost without error. I've used it to dictate emails, Word documents, and I've even used it to dictate updates in FileMaker. In fact, this review is being dictated using the Snowball. I would recommend this product to anyone wanting to start dictating, rather than typing. …
- Written by Arley K from Squamish
54 of 54 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can you use this as a microphone to walk around with like a rock star? Would my nine year old be able to hear her voice amplified as she sings ?
- Asked by Michelle E from Lakewood
- Jul 20, 2014
does this mic interface with garageband
- Asked by Roger S from Palm Harbor
- Jul 19, 2014
- Answered by Jasper W
- Aug 9, 2014
Is this compatible with the iPad?
- Asked by Morgan S from Phoenix
- Oct 10, 2014
Actually, it is! You need the right kind of cable though, they tell you on the Blue site which one y Actually, it is! You need the right kind of cable though, they tell you on the Blue site which one you need to use it for your iPad! …
- Answered by Tyler M from Tilbury
- Jan 21, 2015