Award-winning Data Rescue 3 is the best hard drive and file recovery software for the Mac—functioning even when your hard drive fails to mount or boot. Trusted and reliable The software is completely safe to use since it doesn't attempt any risky repairs to the drive it's scanning. And Data Rescue 3 is the same software used by many data recovery services, forensic recovery teams and IT groups worldwide. Find currently unknown file types The FileIQ technology can "learn" your file type if it's not among the more than 150 types already supported. This is important for proprietary software users such as the government or military or other groups that rely on obscure file types that might not be in widespread use. Simply drag sample files to the FileIQ bin and Data Rescue 3 learns them.
- Award-winning software, works when other software fails
- Recovers all types of files from your hard drive
- Works if the drive fails to mount or only partially operates
- Recovers deleted, lost and damaged files
- Recovers digital pictures from your camera media even after it has been erased or reformatted
- Recover your whole drive or just the files you need
- FileIQ can "learn" your file type if it's not already supported
- Bootable emergency DVD
- No need to disassemble your computer
- Able to clone a drive that is about to fail physically, then recover from the clone drive
- Leaves original drive untouched to preserve data
Did you notice?The recovery software functions even if your hard drive doesn't, and it doesn't attempt any risky repairs to the drive. The focus is solely on getting back your files.
Apple Recommends ForRecovering files that have previously been deleted from your Mac or that are stranded on a problem hard drive.
What's in the Box?
- Prosoft Data Rescue 3 DVD
- Free technical support via phone or email
- Mac OS X v10.5.x through v10.8
- 1.0GHz or faster PowerPC G4 or G5 or Intel processor
- 1GB of RAM
- FireWire, USB 2.0, eSATA or internal drive to which files will be recovered
- DVD drive
- 32MB of VRAM and Quartz Extreme graphics card to run animated interface
- Mfr. Part Number: 56100
- UPC or EAN No.: 794038611009
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- You will need to save your recovered files to either an internal or external hard drive (USB or FireWire), removable media device (such as a Zip or MO) or a networked drive; If the minimum requirements for the animated interface are not met, the program will revert to a non-animated interface.
Ratings & Reviews
Best $100 I've ever spent
My hard drive crashed a few months ago and the only way to get my computer to work again was to have the hard drive erased, and a My hard drive crashed a few months ago and the only way to get my computer to work again was to have the hard drive erased, and a new operating system installed. I was warned that I would lose everything, which I did. I went to a few shops that specialize in Macs and told that they "might" be able to retrieve data and the cost would be several hundred dollars up to a thousand dollars just to "see" if any data could be retrieved. Luckily for me I waited.
I saw Data Rescue 3 at the Apple Store and was immediately attracted to the low price (only $100) and I figured I would give it a shot before deciding to spend big bucks at one of the specialized Mac stores. I installed the software and ran the program overnight. When I woke up it had found all the data that I was hoping to retrieve (all my pictures from iPhoto). The software worked beautifully and seemlessly.
Since i'm kind of computer illiterate I ran into a couple snags that were not the fault of Data Rescue. I was able to write a quick email to their support team and through a couple emails with Mike was able to resolve all my issues and I now seven years worth of data back.
I highly recommend this product. …
- Written by Eric M
107 of 110 people found this useful
Recovered images on reformatted SD Card
My wife reformatted a camera SD card before importing to iPhoto. Data Rescue 3 recovered 606 photos in just a few minutes.
- Written by Gary B from Huntingburg
80 of 83 people found this useful
Helped with a busted RAID drive
I was able to use this product on my RAID-1 drive that had suddenly gone blank and within seconds after running a quick scan I saw I was able to use this product on my RAID-1 drive that had suddenly gone blank and within seconds after running a quick scan I saw all of my files and was able to retrieve over 350GB of precious family videos. The customer support people were friendly and helpful (thanks, David), and the fact that I could download the software and see what it would recover before paying for it was really helpful! …
- Written by JOSEPH S from MILWAUKEE
64 of 66 people found this useful
I was skeptical of this program because I thought once I wiped my computer clear, not by choice, but by direction of a pro, I didn I was skeptical of this program because I thought once I wiped my computer clear, not by choice, but by direction of a pro, I didn't think I would be able to get anything back. But to my surprise, most of my docs, pics, and other files were recovered BUT the only thing is they come out as number and letter codes which you don't know what that file is until you enlarge it on your viewer or double click on the file. So going through the 10K + files was not fun but I was just glad I was able to get some files back. Also, once you go through your files, there are some random files which you'll find going through them. Bizarre! Another tedious task was going through every picture and renaming them to the appropriate folder, but I suppose getting those memories back is priceless. Thanks Apple Support Managers for helping me out through this process... I almost died when I saw I had nothing on my Mac except the initial apps you get when you buy a new Mac. …
- Written by Ying hsu H from Yorba linda
I accidentally deleted all of the videos from when me and my family went to Europe. It was devastating until i found Data rescue 3 I accidentally deleted all of the videos from when me and my family went to Europe. It was devastating until i found Data rescue 3, and now i have all the videos restored and back to normal. Thank god!!!! …
- Written by Eleni M from Melbourne
Just the best!!! It recovered "secured empty trash"
I got this a few years ago and only used it once until last week for the second time. But it's is worthy.
I had to use it and i I got this a few years ago and only used it once until last week for the second time. But it's is worthy.
I had to use it and it did recovered files that were rewritten multiple times and even going in the command line on Mac isn't the solution.
Some types of files aren't supposed to be recovered that's why you use secure empty but this software is out of this world.
It goes so low in the hierarchy that it actually can accomplish this kind of tasks.
Companies charges often $2000 for data recovery, so this is a bargain -
I don't usually post positive reviews because when you buy something it supposedly works so I rate if there's problems but when a product is so well done then I feel like I have to leave a review at least to thanks this team of engineers that programed an amazing tool.
In app. graphics and navigation are great as well.
I don't buy software generally but this one I did because it's like having at least one screwdriver in your house when you aren't a handy man, you just got to have one :)) …
- Written by STEPHANE C from LOS ANGELES
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
is there a free trial download
- Asked by Jimmy C from Mt. Pleasant
- Feb 4, 2013
Yes, download it from the developer website
- Answered by Joseph S
- Dec 10, 2013
Will this software recover deleted emails?
- Asked by Gloria A from Irvine
- Feb 2, 2013
No answers yet
Recover Iphoto albums that have been lost. is this program capable of recovering complete albums as opposed to random photos?
- Asked by Bruce D from Calgary
- Jan 27, 2011
Yes, I've used this program to recover a 40GB iPhoto album.
The recovery success will depend on i Yes, I've used this program to recover a 40GB iPhoto album.
The recovery success will depend on if the iPhoto library has been overwritten at all. In my case I knew as soon as my data was lost to make sure I did not write to the drive any further. …
- Answered by Lee N from Warrnambool
- Sep 8, 2011
Can I restore the deleted files to the same disk from which they were deleted?
- Asked by Edward H from Laguna Niguel
- Jan 18, 2010
This is not recommended. You may overwrite other files you want to recover. It's easiest to just u This is not recommended. You may overwrite other files you want to recover. It's easiest to just use a USB drive. …
- Answered by Mike S from Littleton
- Mar 26, 2010
whats the success rate on this software?
- Asked by David S
- Dec 2, 2009
Every instance is different so this can never be answered up front- Try the free demo on the Prosoft Every instance is different so this can never be answered up front- Try the free demo on the Prosoft website and it will show you all the files it sees and can recover- …
- Answered by Gordon B from Dublin
- Dec 15, 2009