The compact Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® delivers full, rich sound quality without taking up too much space on your desktop. Good things really do come in small packages.
This two-piece desktop speaker system may be petite, but don't be fooled, it features the latest in switching amplifier technology combined with new, proprietary acoustic design, and Bose® digital signal processing to deliver accurate, full-range sound.
The thin, powerful neodymium transducers have ten times the magnetic energy density of conventional speakers, so they're small in size, but high in output. Enjoy superior audio as the active electronic equalization balances low, mid and high frequencies for more natural tone and clarity.
Elegant and easy to use
Smaller, lighter and 50% more efficient than many traditional linear amplifiers, the system is unobtrusive and elegant, with a solid aluminum casing to complement your notebook or desktop computer.
The handy remote keeps on/off and volume control at your fingertips and set up is simple; just plug in and press play.
- Elegant aluminum casing
- Easy connectivity—just plug in and press play
- Deep, powerful low tones
- High output
- Smaller, lighter and 50% more efficient than many traditional linear amplifiers
- Active electronic equalization
- Remote control volume and on/off
- Shielded to prevent interference with other devices
- A/C powered
Did you notice?The Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® is smaller, lighter and 50% more efficient than many traditional linear amplifiers.
Apple Recommends ForFull and rich, high-quality audio playback without taking up too much space on your desktop.
What's in the Box?
- Two Bose® MusicMonitor® speakers
- Remote control
- Power cord
- Connecting cable
- Demonstration CD
- Connections : Headphone port
- Height : Per speaker: 4.81 in./12.2 cm
- Width : Per speaker: 2.5 in./6.5 cm
- Depth : Per speaker: 4.81 in./12.3 cm
- Weight : Right speaker: 1.3 lb./0.6 kg; Left speaker: 1.2 lb./0.5 kg
- Mac OS X v10.4.6 or later
- Mfr. Part Number : 323232-1100
- UPC or EAN No. : 17817515894
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited (For details, please visit www.bose.com/controller?url=/customer_service/site_help/index.jsp#limited_warranty)
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod shuffle 1st Generation
iPod shuffle 2nd Generation
iPod shuffle 3rd Generation
iPod shuffle 4th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Great sound, small package
I've had these for about a year so have tested them for a while. The sounds is excellent for all types of music and the system whe n tweaked via iTunes is very flexible—classical, blues, rock and folk. It's easy to control the volume. The remote is nice and simple. I give a lot of public speeches and bought this system for its excellent sound for voices, even if played loud in an auditorium. The case (I purchased separately) is thin and small enough to carry on business trips so I can use my own sound without relying on "ify" (typically no base) systems in conference hotels. I like that the speakers are bottom weighted and sturdy. When not on the road I have books and other stuff smashed against them on my desk and they remain in place doing exactly what they are supposed to: producing great sound. …
- Written by Karen S from Oakmont
147 of 161 people found this useful
Nice design, but subpar sound quality for the money
These speakers are very nicely designed, but despite the claims the sound is still tinny sounding. The power adapter is large and equally the size of a 3rd speaker. I returned mine as speakers with equal or better sound quality may be purchased for half the cost. IMHO you are better served spending your money elsewhere. …
- Written by Anthony D from Highlands Ranch
135 of 155 people found this useful
Outstanding perfomance from a low profile set
I had reviewed several desktop speaker sets and was not only surprised but incredibly fulfilled upon listening to the clarity and performance from the Bose MusicMonitor. Crisp highs supported with deep mid range and subtle bass performance has me astounded when I appreciate the small compact size.
Many speakers come close, but non yet have I heard that provide the results of these. A must for the avid listener. …
- Written by Neil N from Pittsburgh
98 of 105 people found this useful
Solid built and awesome sound for the size they are. Nice deep tones.
- Written by Thomas S from Ashburn
2 of 2 people found this useful
EXCELLENT. AS ALWAYS, BOSE DOES IT AGAIN WITH THE BEST SPEAKERS ON THE PLANET
- Written by Terry M from Blue Bell
69 of 87 people found this useful
For Mac & Stage Piano
Great price for the build quality, sound quality and portability. It is compact and elegant. Sounding great for both my MacBook Pro and Yamaha Stage Piano CP33. No need for bulky subwoofer. …
- Written by Tairi N from Berkeley
80 of 89 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Silvio R from San Antonio
- Mar 2, 2013
Of course they are. Does not really matter what OS is being used, since there is no "installation" r equired. I bought the speakers when my laptop had OS X10.6; now it is OS X 10.8.3 (ML) and no problem using the speakers at all!! …
- Answered by R H from Mumbai
- Apr 7, 2013
- Asked by Keith A
- Jun 4, 2011
Yes, but it depends on what television [device] you have or get.
1st/ the Bose speakers use a ste reo 3.5mm mini-jack so unless your TV monitor has a mini-jack you'll need some sort of adaptor. Most TV's have RCA connectors for audio and you should be able to find either online or a specialist electronic goods store that stock an adaptor that has two [male] RCA connectors [usually one red, one black] cabled to a stereo 3.5 mini jack socket [female].
2nd/ You'll find most "Televisions" ie combined screen [monitor] & tuners [the bit that receives and decodes the broadcasted TV signal] have speakers built in to them so there's not going to be a huge benefit to running your Bose monitors with this kind of TV except a possible increase in sound quality if the TV speakers are really rubbish.
3rd/ Some older TV's don't have any audio output connectors to connect your external speakers to.
Tip: It's best to NOT use the headphone socket to run your Bose units because the power output is much greater than the level that the Bose are designed for and you'll usually you'll get a more distorted sound even if you turn down the headphone socket's level. …
- Answered by Ken F from Tamarama
- Jul 27, 2011
- Asked by Dean B
- Dec 13, 2010
Yes the Computer Music Monitor system certainly is. All you do is hook the cable to your iPHone and your ready to go :)
Hope this helps :) …
- Answered by Crystal R from Beeville
- Sep 8, 2012
- Asked by Christian E from Stamford
- Jun 29, 2012
Yes they do. I purchased the speaker system for my iPod for when I go traveling and can't stop liste ning to them ever since I purchased them. I'm using an iPod touch.
Hope this helps :) …
- Answered by Crystal R from Beeville
- Sep 8, 2012