Safeguard your valuable MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Pro with Retina Display (15-inch model) against spills, dust, and other contaminants without any annoying keypad interference. Moshi's ClearGuard is made with an advanced high-precision material that form fits to the MacBook keys, so you get maximum typing comfort and protection.
Ultra-thin silicone construction
ClearGuard is unique in that it's one fifth the thickness of other silicone protectors, ensuring unmatched key sensitivity and response. It's also highly transparent, so you can clearly see back-lit keys and preserve the visual elegance of your Macbook or MacBook Pro.
You can repeatedly wash ClearGuard with water and continue to use it over much of the life of your notebook.
- High precision molding that form fits to MacBook keys
- 0.1mm thickness - one-fifth that of silicone protectors
- High-transparency film allows backlit keys to shine through
- Durable, non-toxic engineering-grade thermoplastic urethane
- Completely washable with water (or mild detergent)
Did you notice?ClearGuard is completely transparent and only one fifth the thickness of silicone protectors.
Apple Recommends ForMacBook and MacBook Pro users looking for constant, unobtrusive protection of their notebook's keyboard against spills, dust and other contaminants.
What's in the Box?
- Moshi ClearGuard keyboard cover
- Cleaning instructions (part of the packaging)
- Weight : 0.28 oz./8 g
- Mfr. Part Number : 99MO021901
- UPC or EAN No. : 4712052310926
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited (For details, please visit www.moshistore.com/index.php/warranty.)
- Fits the following models: 13-in. MacBook and MacBook (unibody); 15-in. MacBook Pro (unibody); 15-in. MacBook Pro with Retina display; 17-in. MacBook Pro 17 (unibody)
Ratings & Reviews
Best Keyboard cover
-very thing, you won't notice it's on after a while
-provides great protection against sp ills and dust
-kinda pricey for a piece of plastic but worth every penny, its the only one of its kinds out there right now. Others are made of super thick silicone.
-as it gets dirty, the more opaque it gets. So i decided to clean it with soap and water...BAD IDEA. the opaqueness got worse. So the solution is to rinse it GENTLY with water. DO NOT CRUMPLE IT UP AND SCRUB the wrinkles will be permanent. use a QTIP to clean it instead. And last but not the least go over it with a little bit of baby oil just to get it all clear and shiny again =) …
- Written by Shanelle R from whitesboro
1051 of 1137 people found this useful
Protects your keyboard
I just received this product today in the mail. It fits on perfectly (its very thin too), you can't even see it (my bf didn't even know it was on); however, there is a little spacing above the function keys. It also gives my keyboard a little glossier look. As for typing with the moshi clearguard on, it feels squishier and you have to push down a little more. I also let it sit on my laptop for a while with the screensaver on and when I came back, it felt a little warmer on top (I'll be testing it more to see if it makes my macbook warmer). Overall, it will definitely prevent oil, dirt, crumbs, ect. on getting on/in between your keys. It is a good buy, but I wish the price was a little less. …
- Written by Marie B from Costa Mesa
553 of 630 people found this useful
The BEST keyboard skin ...
I don't know how I missed THIS one for so long, but luckily I finally came across this skin and I'm so glad that I did ... it's su perb! Unlike it's rivals (all of which I've tried in the past) this one is actually clear and has a GORGEOUS tactile key response (meaning you can actually still type with little to no effort)! The others feel like you are attempting to type through THICK rubber cement ... but this one is SWEET! It's quite clear (almost invisible), it's very thin, and allows for easy depressing of keys!!!!! Pricey, yes it is! Worth the cost?! YES (especially considering the cash that I spent on the other, more cloudy, thick/gross/RUBBER models)! …
- Written by JEFFREY D from SAVANNAH
475 of 562 people found this useful
It really change your mac...
i bought the moshi clearguard for my macbook pro 13 and is really a terrible feeling to use it.
First of all the price is sick considering that is a piece of silicon and nothing more.
U lose all the amazing touch of the keyboard cause it became harder to push and if you type fast you keep loosing letters.
At the end after a few weeks i put it back on the box and there i ll let it.. …
- Written by Filippo P from milano
1 of 1 people found this useful
Not worth it
This was always in the way. The typing felt weird and I was not used to it so it made me make a lot of typos. Also, every time I c losed my lid and then opened it it would stick to the screen and I would always have to readjust it. Not worth it. …
- Written by Joseph V from Washington
2 of 6 people found this useful
Great on the rMBP 15 inch...
I just got this product a few days ago on my 15 inch rMBP. I was worried it wouldn't fit, but it fits great. Keeps the keyboard cl ean and protected. Also, it keeps the typing noise down from hitting the keys, which is great if that gets on your nerves like me. A great product, and was shipped very fast to me. …
- Written by Jared S from Irwin
4 of 6 people found this useful