Safeguard your valuable MacBook against spills, dust, and other contaminants without any annoying keypad interference. Moshi's ClearGuard is made with an advanced high-precision material that form fits to the MacBook keys, so you get maximum typing comfort and protection.
Ultra-thin silicone construction
ClearGuard is unique in that it's one fifth the thickness of other silicone protectors, ensuring unmatched key sensitivity and response. It's also highly transparent, so you can clearly see back-lit keys and preserve the visual elegance of your Macbook.
You can repeatedly wash ClearGuard with water and continue to use it over much of the life of your notebook.
- High precision molding that form fits to MacBook keys
- 0.1mm thickness - one-fifth that of silicone protectors
- High-transparency film allows backlit keys to shine through
- Durable, non-toxic engineering-grade thermoplastic urethane
- Completely washable with water (or mild detergent)
Did you notice?ClearGuard is completely transparent and only one fifth the thickness of silicone protectors.
Apple Recommends ForMacBook users looking for constant, unobtrusive protection of their notebook's keyboard against spills, dust and other contaminants.
What's in the Box?
- Moshi ClearGuard keyboard cover
- Cleaning instructions (part of the packaging)
- Weight: 0.28 oz./8 g
- Mfr. Part Number: 99MO021901
- UPC or EAN No.: 4712052310926
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit www.moshistore.com/index.php/warranty.)
- Fits the following models: 13-in. MacBook and MacBook (unibody); 13-in. MacBook Pro (unibody) and 13-in. MacBook Pro with Retina display; 15-in. MacBook Pro (unibody) and 15-in. MacBook Pro with Retina display; 17-in. MacBook Pro 17 (unibody); 13-in. MacBook Air
Ratings & Reviews
Best Keyboard cover
-very thing, you won't notice it's on after a while
-provides great protection against sp Pros
-very thing, you won't notice it's on after a while
-provides great protection against spills and dust
-kinda pricey for a piece of plastic but worth every penny, its the only one of its kinds out there right now. Others are made of super thick silicone.
-as it gets dirty, the more opaque it gets. So i decided to clean it with soap and water...BAD IDEA. the opaqueness got worse. So the solution is to rinse it GENTLY with water. DO NOT CRUMPLE IT UP AND SCRUB the wrinkles will be permanent. use a QTIP to clean it instead. And last but not the least go over it with a little bit of baby oil just to get it all clear and shiny again =) …
- Written by Shanelle R from whitesboro
1229 of 1329 people found this useful
Protects your keyboard
I just received this product today in the mail. It fits on perfectly (its very thin too), you can't even see it (my bf didn't even I just received this product today in the mail. It fits on perfectly (its very thin too), you can't even see it (my bf didn't even know it was on); however, there is a little spacing above the function keys. It also gives my keyboard a little glossier look. As for typing with the moshi clearguard on, it feels squishier and you have to push down a little more. I also let it sit on my laptop for a while with the screensaver on and when I came back, it felt a little warmer on top (I'll be testing it more to see if it makes my macbook warmer). Overall, it will definitely prevent oil, dirt, crumbs, ect. on getting on/in between your keys. It is a good buy, but I wish the price was a little less. …
- Written by Marie B from Costa Mesa
658 of 747 people found this useful
The BEST keyboard skin ...
I don't know how I missed THIS one for so long, but luckily I finally came across this skin and I'm so glad that I did ... it's su I don't know how I missed THIS one for so long, but luckily I finally came across this skin and I'm so glad that I did ... it's superb! Unlike it's rivals (all of which I've tried in the past) this one is actually clear and has a GORGEOUS tactile key response (meaning you can actually still type with little to no effort)! The others feel like you are attempting to type through THICK rubber cement ... but this one is SWEET! It's quite clear (almost invisible), it's very thin, and allows for easy depressing of keys!!!!! Pricey, yes it is! Worth the cost?! YES (especially considering the cash that I spent on the other, more cloudy, thick/gross/RUBBER models)! …
- Written by JEFFREY D from SAVANNAH
575 of 676 people found this useful
Nice Feel! Love it!
I love this protector! It perfectly fits my keyboard! I don't have any problems with it moving or anything. Perfect fit! More impo I love this protector! It perfectly fits my keyboard! I don't have any problems with it moving or anything. Perfect fit! More importantly, I love the feel of typing the keyboard with this on. It feels soft typing with this, I think I got addicted to it and can't really stop typing! :D Absolutely love it! So glad I purchased this with my Apple Gift Card!
Good job Mosh! :) …
- Written by Khanh My S from Melbourne
Barely noticeable. Also reduces the sound of clacking while typing!
- Written by Jeffrey J from Castro Valley
2 of 2 people found this useful
Dirt, Crumbs, Spills OH MY!
This Moshi Clear Guard Keyboard Protector is perfect if you want to keep your MacBook looking new and clean! It's great at catchin This Moshi Clear Guard Keyboard Protector is perfect if you want to keep your MacBook looking new and clean! It's great at catching crumbs (we all eat and try to use our MacBooks) admit it! This prevents the keys from wearing down with heavy usage and also allows the same ease of typing as you would have without it. It is extremely thin and fits flush with every key. Of course because this is not 100% precise and exact, there is just a slight wiggle, but it is hardly noticeable! As for the price: I'll say what I say on most protective accessories. The reason you buy something like this and pay the price advertised is because you are interested in protecting your investment. Being part of the Apple community means paying a premium for the products they produce. With that said, I think paying a couple bucks to protect your investment and keep it new is just common sense! Hope this helps! Highly recommend this product! …
- Written by Christian M from Carrollton
3 of 3 people found this useful