NeatReceipts is a mobile scanner and digital filing system that helps you manage all of your paperwork on the computer. It includes NeatWorks software that identifies and extracts the important information from receipts, business cards and documents and automatically organizes it for you.
Powerfully easy to use
NeatReceipts relies on NeatWorks for Mac Version 2.0 software that's designed to look and feel like the applications you use every day. It gives you drag-and-drop functionality, multiple views and is completely integrated with Spotlight.
Capture and retrieve details quickly
NeatWorks software uses OCR and patented parsing technology to identify and save key information. On receipts, it looks for the date, vendor, amount and sales tax. On business cards, it collects all of the contact information. And on documents, it saves the printed text in searchable PDF format. You can also perform keyword searches on any scanned item.
It works where you work
Weighing less the one pound, NeatReceipts is perfect for taking along for the road, home or office. You can keep track of every detail no matter where you are.
- Navigate the interface with ease
- Save digital copies of receipts and records of vendors, dates, totals
- Create expense reports and manage business and personal expenses
- Keep track of expenses for tax time (records accepted by the IRS)
- Export data to PDF, Excel, Quicken, QuickBooks, TurboTax
- Keep digital images of business cards
- Capture name, address, company title and more
- Create your own searchable contact database
- Export data to Outlook and more
- Scan documents and create searchable PDF files
- Edit text using copy/paste
- Organize and store in your digital filing system
Did you notice?Intelligent text recognition and keyword searching let you save and retrieve information from scanned documents with ease.
Apple Recommends ForAn easy-to-use, intuitive way to manage all of your business and personal paperwork.
What's in the Box?
- NeatReceipts for Mac scanner
- NeatWorks for Mac 2.0 software
- Other Features: Automatic Document Feeder, Automatic Document Recognition, OCR Software Included
- Connections: USB
- Height: 1.3 in./3.3 cm
- Width: 10.8 in./27.43 cm
- Depth: 1.6 in./4.06 cm
- Weight: 10.6 oz./300.5 g
- Scanner resolution: 600 x 600 dpi
- Mac OS X v.10.4.10 or later
- Mac PowerPC G4, Intel Core Duo processor or faster
- 1 GB free hard drive space
- 1 GB RAM
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Drive
- Mfr. Part Number: 322
- UPC or EAN No.: 899061000322
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit www.neatco.com/support/warranty-information.)
Ratings & Reviews
Not Happy with this At All
I'm somewhat surprised, given every "article" written is enthusiastic. I have to say the success rate on business cards is about I'm somewhat surprised, given every "article" written is enthusiastic. I have to say the success rate on business cards is about 1 in 20. 2 in 20 are "close" but require 2-3 minutes of juggling of information around. And, honestly, half the phone numbers are wrong (I guess the scanner can't really handle the small fonts on most business cards).
I think it is quicker to simply type in the contact information manually (which is too bad).
I will most likely be returning this product unless somebody can convince me the scan and edit is quicker than just typing.
Here's my comparison:
1. Launch address book (pick any app) - 20 seconds
2. Click 'New Contact" - 5 seconds
3. Type/Enter Contact Info - 30 seconds
4. Save, Toss Card, Save 1-10 MB of Disk space - 5 seconds
TOTAL TIME: 1 minute
1. Get and Connect Scanner - 30 seconds
(no sense leaving it out on the desk all the time)
2. Launch NeatReceipts Software - 20 seconds
3. Scan Business Card - 30 seconds (at least, with analysis)
4. Proof and Correct Data - 2-3 minutes
5. Save (and waste 1-10 MB of disk space) - 5 seconds
6. Import/Merge into Address Book? - 20 seconds
TOTAL TIME: 3:45 - 4:45 minutes
Really silly, unless you plan on practicing to become a professional scanner/proofer/editor. I'd rather stick with my typing skills - and save my disk space. …
- Written by Shawn K from Concord
323 of 372 people found this useful
Every receipt that I've scanned has gone crooked. To the point all my receipts on screen look curved. I haven't got a straight one Every receipt that I've scanned has gone crooked. To the point all my receipts on screen look curved. I haven't got a straight one yet. If a paper gets caught on a fold, it will alter the direction of the paper going through, again making it crooked. It needs a guide on the outside. Sometimes it looks smeared.
It can't recognize any text at all. Get's it wrong all the time.
The only cool thing about it is it's size. It's small and lightweight. It's also powered through the USB cable, so no need for a power outlet which is handy in the car.
Going to return it.
Now if only Abobe would make Acrobat for Mac without having make us by Creative Suite! Loved that program when I was a PC user. …
- Written by J F from Saskatoon
158 of 171 people found this useful
The card-scanning software is poor; its redeeming quality is that the original card is saved as a picture which transfers to addre The card-scanning software is poor; its redeeming quality is that the original card is saved as a picture which transfers to address book, so the mistakes the software makes can be corrected at a later time and the original card is there for future reference; I find it useful when you have many cards to digitize (say 50); you just let the scanner do its job possibly with errors, and you can devote your time to doing something else. Scanning pdf's, however, is good.
The actual scanner is small and I use it when I travel, it even fits inside your carry-on.
It is a pity also that it does not seem to scan pictures to high-quality jpg's, just to pdf's. …
- Written by Luis S from Toronto
152 of 159 people found this useful
Tough to use.
I'm no techie, nor am I a neophyte, but I find this scanner to be an overpriced pain in the a**. It is totally non-intuitive, oft I'm no techie, nor am I a neophyte, but I find this scanner to be an overpriced pain in the a**. It is totally non-intuitive, often opens on a page with no obviously discernible way to get out of it. NOT recommended! …
- Written by Al D from Belmont
4 of 5 people found this useful
Neat - Crash all the time
I'm an IT engineer. I run a business where I need to scan checks and receipts. I spend more time changing settings and troubleshoo I'm an IT engineer. I run a business where I need to scan checks and receipts. I spend more time changing settings and troubleshooting that producing. Please stay away from it. …
- Written by Norge P from Miami
6 of 8 people found this useful
Nice concept does not deliver
I have had Neat for just over a year. I have spent more time trouble shooting than actually using the machine productively. It i I have had Neat for just over a year. I have spent more time trouble shooting than actually using the machine productively. It is just one bug after the other. It doesn't scan receipts, it doesn't sync. The files are easily corrupted and shut down the program.
Bottom line, I am going back to my old paper filing system. In the end, I know where to find the receipts and I don't have to worry about not being unable to retrieve when needed. …
- Written by Alan E from Vadnais Heights
5 of 6 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can the Neat App be used with an iMac computer? I have a Neat Small scanner used with a Windows application and want to use it with my iMac
- Asked by Alison M from Brooksville
- Aug 8, 2013
you have to get the mac version of the scanner and the software, the windows version is not compatib you have to get the mac version of the scanner and the software, the windows version is not compatible with mac …
- Answered by Martin T from Dallas
- Apr 14, 2014
Does it have own software? may it use i-photo to organize scanned items?
- Asked by Raul M from Lleida
- Mar 30, 2011
Sadly, I have only gotten this scanner to work using NeatCo's proprietary software.
- Answered by Kyle J. W from Ottawa
- Jul 10, 2011
How well does the NeatReceipts for Mac work on a MacBookPro from 2006?
- Asked by Barbara B from Lutherville
- Oct 25, 2009
does this scanner only make files into JAPEGs or does it transfer also to a PDF?
- Asked by Jordan F from Phoenix
- May 4, 2011
Yes. This scanner actually gives you the option to write (and has a hardware button specifically for Yes. This scanner actually gives you the option to write (and has a hardware button specifically for) PDF files. You can also select PDF in the software, if you choose to load it instead of using the hardware buttons. …
- Answered by Kyle J. W from Ottawa
- Jul 10, 2011
i am only interested in scanning images, not on text recognition, and on getting a scanner that is portable and mac compatible. can I just scan images
- Asked by Maria L from Coconut Grove
- Nov 20, 2010
Yes, images only is easy!
- Answered by Lynne H from Vancouver
- Nov 21, 2010
I'd like to share this with my business partner who is a Windows user? Is it a hybrid disc or do I have to additionally buy the Windows disc?
- Asked by Carlos J R from Rosslyn
- Feb 11, 2010
You have to buy a windows disc. Then you can use the same scanner. After that you can transfer info You have to buy a windows disc. Then you can use the same scanner. After that you can transfer information back and forth easily by saving it in the proper format and then exporting to your Documents file to send out. I have both systems, it has worked well.
Answered by DH from Red Deer …
- Answered by Don H from Red Deer
- Mar 4, 2010