The polished aluminum MX LCD Arm gives you the freedom to fine-tune the placement of your mid-size display or all-in-one computer
You get the flexibility to adjust height, extension/retraction motion, integrated tilt and portrait-to-landscape orientation for peak comfort and productivity.
Supports LCD size: Up to 30 in./76.2 c, Supports LCD weight: 14 to 30 lbs./6.3 to 13.6 kg, Lift: 5 in./13.0 cm, Tilt: 75 degrees, Pan: 180 degrees, Rotation: 90 degrees P/L (portrait mode incompatible with 30-in. display), Mounting standards: VESA FDMI, MIS-D, 75/100,
- Accommodates mid-size displays and all-in-one computers weighing up to 30 lbs./13.6 kg
- Position your display for maximum ergonomic comfort to relieve eye, neck and back strain
- Free up more workspace on your table or desktop
- Upgrade LCD monitors and TVs with improved ergonomic adjustment
- Pre-assembled arm offers monitor/TV theft deterrence
- Rotate screen for portrait viewing of photos and pages—eliminate scrolling
- Cable management feature conceals and routes cables under the arm, out of the way
- Patented CF motion technology provides premium ease-of-use display adjustment
- Easy-to-use, simple installation and effortless operation
Did you notice?Offers full range of height adjustment, extension/retraction motion, tilt and portrait-to-landscape adjustment.
Apple Recommends ForEasily positioning your display for maximum comfort and productivity.
What's in the Box?
- Ergotron MX Desk Mount LCD Arm
- Weight: 9.0 lb./4.2 kg
- Mfr. Part Number: 45-214-026
- UPC or EAN No.: 698833009378
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Five years (For details, please visit www.ergotron.com/Support/WarrantyPolicy/tabid/195/Default.aspx.)
Ratings & Reviews
I used the Ergotron arm along with the VESA Mount Adapter Kit to mount my 27-inch i7 iMac. The iMac now floats serenely over my I used the Ergotron arm along with the VESA Mount Adapter Kit to mount my 27-inch i7 iMac. The iMac now floats serenely over my desk. The weight of my fully decked out BTO iMac was not an issue since after removing the aluminum stand the computer weighed in at 29 pounds. I did have to increase both tension settings of the arm. The installation took about an hour even with the three mistakes I made. …
- Written by Mark H from Ramona
186 of 195 people found this useful
Beware: This mount is not for the small-medium sized desks!
I think this mount's high ratings may be misleading about its usability. It isn't a poorly designed arm, but it is a design that c I think this mount's high ratings may be misleading about its usability. It isn't a poorly designed arm, but it is a design that caters to larger-sized desks. I give it three stars because it lacks in universality—some minor design tweaks could probably fix this. The dimension you should pay close attention to is the depth of your table-top. The arm's hinge allows it to be pulled outward or folded inward; the problem is the folding-in part. It's span (when folded/collapsed) is quite large. It is possible to circumvent this problem by swiveling the arm off to one side, and then twisting the screen so that it points back at you; but this is an awkward look and feel, and it puts a lot of stress on the clamping device that mounts the arm to the desk. All in all, this LCD Arm is built well, but it is built for those who can accommodate it. …
- Written by Noel H from Houston
145 of 159 people found this useful
Fantastic, built like a tank
I shouldn't have been hesitant to buy this at all. This thing is built to last and nothing about it is flimsy or low-quality. It w I shouldn't have been hesitant to buy this at all. This thing is built to last and nothing about it is flimsy or low-quality. It will handles my 26" monitor like a champ. The tension adjustments are well designed and, when adjusted properly, compensate for any monitor weight. Smooth, fluid movement. If I had to cite any cons, I would say the cable management isn't that elegant and you might have to make a trip to the hardware store for some nuts and bolts if your monitor's VESA mount didn't come with them. …
- Written by Jonathan L from Auburn
108 of 114 people found this useful
Good stand for 27" Display, however a little short
I bought this for use with my 27" Thunderbolt Display, and functionally it works great. The tension needs to be adjust to almost t I bought this for use with my 27" Thunderbolt Display, and functionally it works great. The tension needs to be adjust to almost the highest setting, but it does hold steady, and it gives you a wide range of positions you can place the display in. As other reviewers have noted, you will probably need a larger desk to really take advantage of it.
Cons: The one odd thing I noticed about it is that, even fully extended upwards, it is still almost half an in shorter than the stand that comes with the display itself. I had hoped to use it for a standing workstation, but I think it is going to be too short for that. …
- Written by Alex H from OTTAWA
7 of 7 people found this useful
Does not hold up a 27" display
This is a very solidly-built product, and is also aesthetically pleasing. No complaints there. And it also is fairly straightforwa This is a very solidly-built product, and is also aesthetically pleasing. No complaints there. And it also is fairly straightforward to set up. However, it does not hold up a 27" Cinema Display. The armature holds it up fine, but the spring-tensioned elbow will not stay in position and instead rotates down until the display is at center gravity...or else it's resting on my desk (in the case of portrait mode)! And I did crank the spring tension adjustment as tight as it will go. …
- Written by Scott G from Litchfield
10 of 13 people found this useful
Very sturdy but limited flexibility
I bought an Ergotron LX for my 22" Cintiq and love everything about it. Bought the MX for my 28" Hanns G monitor (due to weight co I bought an Ergotron LX for my 22" Cintiq and love everything about it. Bought the MX for my 28" Hanns G monitor (due to weight concerns) and while it holds it in place it has limited flexibility, as the base only swivels 180º not the 360º (like the LX.) As another reviewer stated, this really is best for those with deep desks, but I do enjoy the extra space 4" under the monitor. May not be much but it's great for the stapler, calculator and other misc desk items that always seem to be in your way. …
- Written by Tony B from Fayetteville
5 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this work with the new 27 inch IMAC? The new IMac seems to be .5 pounds too heavy ....
- Asked by Richard W from Los Alamitos
- Oct 21, 2009
Works great on my 27" iMac. A few notes:
* you do need the apple 24/27" apple vesa mount adapter. Works great on my 27" iMac. A few notes:
* you do need the apple 24/27" apple vesa mount adapter.
* weight isn't a problem since it's under 30 lbs without stand. the tension adjustments have to be pretty much as tight as possible to support the weight. because of the weight/tension it requires some light umph or effort to push the iMac back or manipulate is position. Overall I'm still happy since it clears my desktop space.
* don't think you can rotate the iMac 90 degrees to achieve a vertical screen . Even if the iMac allowed for it the stand is not tall enough to allow this 27 inch beast to rotate more than 15-20 degrees without hitting the desk - no matter the pitch.
* I had no problems with the tightening torx screws or other fittings as the other poster suggested. I think he may ave used the wrong angle when tightening the torx screws ( ie poor alignment / not fully attached when tightening - or maybe he tightened too hard). I suggest taking your time when doing it. …
- Answered by Tim R from Calgary
- Nov 27, 2009
Can this be used on a late 2012 iMac 27 inch?
- Asked by Robert G from Irvine
- Jan 9, 2014
No answers yet
Will this desk mount work with a tempered glass desk?
- Asked by Mike C from Cranston
- Mar 18, 2010
I honestly wouldn't test it. There will be quite a bit of torsion that could twist and break the gl I honestly wouldn't test it. There will be quite a bit of torsion that could twist and break the glass. 20-30 lbs will be pushing at an angle which multiplies the lbs of pressure through a very low fulcrum point. (weight of monitor * inches from clamp = weight applied to glass during torsion) Just think of the arm as a wrench, and the desk as a bolt. …
- Answered by Norman L from Phoenix
- Sep 8, 2011
Will this work on the Apple 30" display?
- Asked by Matthias D from New York
- Nov 16, 2009
Yes, i have one working with my 30" Cinema Display just fine. But I have another one that is mounted Yes, i have one working with my 30" Cinema Display just fine. But I have another one that is mounted to a 23" Cinema Display and the Monitor just seems not heavy enough for this arm.. its just by a pound I would say, but the monitor keeps on to tilt back. maybay it's because the 23" has the Mount Kit right in the middle while the 30" has it a little more upper so that the weight is more to the buttom.
But anyway.. the Ergotron MX is a fine piece.. unpacking and holding it in your hands allready will make you smile ;)
Kind Regards from Germany …
- Answered by Stefan R
- Jan 7, 2010
What kind of mount do you need in order to rotate a Thunderbold display into a portrait display
- Asked by Daniel R from Ithaca
- Apr 19, 2012
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
This will be arriving about the 25th of april - and will be able to tell you then. but for now am p This will be arriving about the 25th of april - and will be able to tell you then. but for now am planning on this to happen with the following - VideoSecu LCD LED TV Wall Mount Full Motion with Swivel Articulating Arm for 23-37, up to 42 in TV Flat Panel Screen With VESA 200 100, 20 in extension and Post-installation Leveling System A35 by VideoSecu - am using amazon. …
- Answered by Virgil P from Lake Oswego
- Apr 23, 2012