The Bretford PowerSync Cart gives educational institutions, museums, and other organizations an ideal mechanism for distributing and updating information using the iPod and iPod nano. This innovative solution organizes, charges, and transports up to 40 iPod players and keeps them all secure behind a roll-top door. It also lets you synchronize up to 20 iPod units from a single computer.
- Stores and charges up to 40 iPod or iPod nano units in individual compartments with high-density padding.
- Syncs 20 iPod players at the same time using Apple iTunes software.
- Syncing is only supported using a Mac running Mac OS X 10.4.10 or higher
- When running iOS 5, each iPod touch must be turned off to enable syncing
- LED indicators to show the charging status of each iPod.
- Integrated cord management hides USB cables and prevents tangling.
- Lower cabinet for the storage of four notebook computers and iPod accessories like headphones and microphones.
- Top shelf has front and rear rails and provides space for a notebook computer and other equipment.
- Roll-top door secures with an included user-programmable combination lock for improved asset management.
- Built-in electrical component has an on/off switch on the back panel and is UL listed, overload protected, and features a 10-foot power cord for use anywhere in the room. Back panel includes a cord winder.
- Perforated side panels ventilate equipment when charging and help keep it cool when the door is closed.
- Large casters and a rear handle deliver a smooth ride indoors and out.
- Front casters feature locking brakes.
- Easy-to-understand setup of storage and charging.
- Weight: 136.0 lb./61.69 kg
- Mac OS X v.10.4.10 or later
- UPC or EAN No.: 96633341535
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: 12 years; one year on electrical components (For details, please visit www.bretford.com/downloads/warranty/Bretford-Warranty.pdf.)
- Syncing is only supported using a Mac running Mac OS X 10.4.10 or higher
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod shuffle 1st Generation
iPod shuffle 2nd Generation
iPod shuffle 3rd Generation
iPod shuffle 4th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
This one needs a redesign!
In the first month of owning this cart, the front wheel fell off. Bretford was great about replacing it, but when the new one cam In the first month of owning this cart, the front wheel fell off. Bretford was great about replacing it, but when the new one came, one of the other wheels fell off! I was not pleased. With such a high cost and to be recommended by apple, I was expecting higher quality.
There is also a major issue with the cords coming unplugged in the back of the unit. The only way to reach those plugs is to find someone with a long skinny arm to reach between the drawers and plug it back in. Usually my cord will come unplugged after opening and closing the drawer about 10 times. …
- Written by Julie L from Kannapolis
113 of 141 people found this useful
Good cart but...
We use this in my school and it's a bit janky. The two big power cables at the back of the drawers can come unplugged and it's a We use this in my school and it's a bit janky. The two big power cables at the back of the drawers can come unplugged and it's a bear trying to get them plugged back in. Also, the sync-ing cables don't plug snugly into the iPod Touch and can easily come unplugged. It's great for storage, but for power and sync management, it falters.
The cart also needs a "server" (a laptop or such) to serve the iPods. There are is no easy place to plug in your laptop power cable or tuck the cables out of the way. …
- Written by Brian P from LAS CRUCES
111 of 140 people found this useful
This cart has some issues out of the box.
When we first received our powersync cart, we were impressed with the robust material This cart has some issues out of the box.
When we first received our powersync cart, we were impressed with the robust materials used on most of the components. However, inspection of the casters/wheels revealed that the rear wheels are of quite poor design. The casters are welded to the frame at an angle which causes the hub of the wheel to rub against the edge of the cart. The axles on which the wheels are mounted, are too long and the extra space has been filled at the factory with off-the-shelf washers stacked on top of each other.
One of the two drawers within the cart charges and syncs its iPods properly. The other drawer is malfunctioning and will not sync its 20 iPods.
The bottom line.... At the price point for this cart, the quality needs to be improved. We look forward to the next generation of the Powersync cart. …
- Written by Steven H from Cantonment
90 of 114 people found this useful
This cart worked great for a year, and then it stopped synching all of the iPods! No one has an answer as to how this can be fixe This cart worked great for a year, and then it stopped synching all of the iPods! No one has an answer as to how this can be fixed, and now that I have read the reviews I see it is the cart and not the user. As a teacher, there is no time to individually synch iPods. Hopefully, the company comes up with a fix for the cart. …
- Written by Tonia N from moreno valley
46 of 47 people found this useful
This product is terrible. It should not even be listed on the Apple store site.
It comes with 2-3 supplemental instruction page This product is terrible. It should not even be listed on the Apple store site.
It comes with 2-3 supplemental instruction pages. There are so many steps to follow and the steps are not even reliable. STOP selling this product and FIX it. You package in all these excuses why it doesn't work with this version of iOS or why it doesn't work with this laptop. …
- Written by Paul H from SAN DIEGO
45 of 52 people found this useful
New Solution Needed
Our district has a few of these, our school being one them. We all have the same problem. The cart worked great for the first tw Our district has a few of these, our school being one them. We all have the same problem. The cart worked great for the first two to three months. Then the iPods stopped syncing to the laptop in the cart. While the iPods charge fine, all syncing has to be done one at a time. Bretford claims if you put the iPods in with the power off then they will sync. Wrong. We have also tried turning them off once they are in the cart, then turning on the cart. This does not work either. The cart alone is 2K. The company has offered no solutions, except those noted above that do not work. Apple, find a new manufacturer! Bretford, find a solution. Teachers do not have the time to be syncing 40 iPods individually. Either make a product that does what is advertised, or refund the money. (We have had the same problem with the Bretford cases as well.) …
- Written by Susie W from Fullerton
47 of 52 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
You could look at the Bretford PowerSync Case. It supports 20 iPod devices and may be a better fit You could look at the Bretford PowerSync Case. It supports 20 iPod devices and may be a better fit for your budget.
Apple PN TV403VC/A …
- Answered by Matt P from Franklin Park
- Nov 20, 2009
We have the 40 iPod cart, it is great! We are planning to purchase iPads also can they be charged on the same cart ? I
- Asked by Susan S from Haverhill
- Apr 26, 2010
We have two of these carts at work, and will take one to off site meetings if we won't need to ship We have two of these carts at work, and will take one to off site meetings if we won't need to ship it. They are used to charge iPhones (3G, 3GS, 4, 4S) iPod Touch (any generation) and iPads (1 and 2)
They will charge iPads, however, they charge at a much slower rate than the charger that ships with the iPad. Based on our experience, I would say that they charge at the same rate as the Charger that ships with the iPhone. …
- Answered by Bruce A from Rolling Meadows
- Nov 14, 2011