- Two small speakers and a hideaway Acoustimass module add new dimensions to desktop listening. Hideaway module can be hidden almost anywhere in the listening area.
- Digital 5.1 audio playback brings music, games, movies and other 5.1-decoded material to life with much of the performance you'd expect from a five-speaker system.
- Plug-and-play ease through a single USB connection. No special software, adapters or sound card upgrade needed.
- All-in-one control pod for volume, single-touch mute, headphone jack and auxiliary input.
- Proprietary TrueSpace® surround digital processing circuitry for reproducing vivid, enveloping sound from just two visible speakers.
- Preassembled speaker arrays on stands for superb performance and more usable desktop space.
What's in the Box?
- Acoustimass module
- Satellite speakers with stands
- Control pod
- Power cord; USB cable
- Connections: USB
- Height: Acoustimass module: 8.68 in./21.91 cm; Satellite speakers: 8.9 in./22.5 cm; Control pod: 1.13 in./2.86 cm
- Width: Acoustimass module: 7.13 in./18.1 cm; Satellite speakers: 5.8 in./14.7 cm; Control pod: 2.5 in./6.35 cm
- Depth: Acoustimass module: 14.0 in./35.56 cm; Satellite speakers: 3.8 in./9.7 cm
- Weight: Acoustimass module: 15.4 lb./6.99 kg; Satellite speakers: 1.9 lb./0.9 kg
- Mfr. Part Number: Q8200A
- UPC or EAN No.: 17817393249
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit www.bose.com/controller?url=/customer_service/site_help/index.jsp#limited_warranty)
- *For optimum performance, we recommend Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later.; Apple is an authorized Bose dealer.; Visit the following url to learn more and for verification: http://www.bose.com/apple
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
i was wondering if this product is compatable with 220Volts for international use?
- Asked by Pete R
- May 13, 2013
yes, i am using it on 220 V but you need to check in for which country are you looking for. I bought yes, i am using it on 220 V but you need to check in for which country are you looking for. I bought it in India. There may be several versions available depending upon the country. …
- Answered by Gaurav K
- Nov 15, 2013
can this sound system can be connected to your tv
- Asked by Uveerajsingh J
- Apr 26, 2012
I own this set of speakers. The only way you can connect the Bose Companion 5 (BC5) is via the 3.5m I own this set of speakers. The only way you can connect the Bose Companion 5 (BC5) is via the 3.5mm mini jack. Most televisions do not have the capability of passing sound via their USB ports (if they even have one).
What I did is find an RCA to Mini Jack converter cable, this will allow you to plug into your audio out on your television and connect directly to your BC5. (Tricky part is that you still need to adjust the sound via the BCA dial and not the TV, unless your television doesn't do a pre out RCA)
If your television only has optical audio out (toslink), then the passthrough gets a bit more tricky. You will need the following:
1. A Toslink cable to connect from your TV to a converter (mentioned in #2)
2. A Toslink to Coax (RCA) converter. Easily purchased online or at an electronics store i.e. Radioshack.
3. Finally you will need an RCA to to Mini Jack converter cable.
For this you connect the Toslink (optical audio) cable from the TV to the Converter, and then using the RCA to Minijack connect the Converter to the BC5. Again the tricky part is that you still need to adjust the sound via the BCA dial and not the TV) …
- Answered by Miguel S from Phoenix
- Jul 27, 2012