Bretford's wall-mounted articulating display arm delivers the ultimate in flexibility, design and comfort. Now you can save space and position your monitor in any position that provides the best viewing angle.
- Die-cast aluminum construction complements your Apple hardware
- Monitor floats weightlessly; position may be adjusted with one hand
- Folds flat to save space when not in use
- Easily rotates the monitor 360 degrees for landscape or portrait viewing and a +/- 45-degree forward tilt
- Folds to a 3-inch depth or extends out 15 inches from the wall with 180-degree positioning
- Cable management clips keep power and data cables neat
- Mounts to a single wood stud; hardware not included
- Supports 20-, 23- and 30-inch Cinema Display models
- VESA compliant: supports VESA 75mm and 100mm mounting patterns
Apple Recommends ForEducation labs and offices, retail, hospitality and reception areas, healthcare workstations or any space where mounting your iMac or Apple Display will save you space.
What's in the Box?
- Bretford articulating wall-mounted display arm
- Cable clips
- Allen wrench
- Depth: Folded: 3.0 in./7.6 cm
- Weight: 10.0 lb./4.5 kg
- Length: Maximum extension: 15.0 in./38.1 cm
- Apple VESA Mount Adapter Kit
- Mfr. Part Number: BDM28
- UPC or EAN No.: 96633268344
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Proper installation requires a solid surface between 0.5 and 1.25 inches thick
- Solid surface must be secured to a table or similarly sturdy base
- iMac, Cinema Display, LED Cinema Display or Thunderbolt Display require the Apple VESA Mount Adapter Kit to be mounted
Ratings & Reviews
Great Product - Using w/ 24" iMac
Bought this and the VESA Adapter. Great product and when used with the wireless mouse/keyboard combo, it frees up the clutter of Bought this and the VESA Adapter. Great product and when used with the wireless mouse/keyboard combo, it frees up the clutter of wires.
Installation took about 15 min but needed wife to hold up iMac to mount.
Two insignificant problems:
1) When moving the iMac, the wireclips sometimes knock each other off.
2) The arm joints can scuff onto your wall. Solved this with those clear rubber nubs used for drawers/cabinets. …
- Written by Benjamin G from New York
241 of 257 people found this useful
DO NOT USE THE PROVIDED SCREWS!
I received the 2 Arms today that I ordered, could not wait to put them up so I would have my 2 30" Displays Wall Mounted. I starte I received the 2 Arms today that I ordered, could not wait to put them up so I would have my 2 30" Displays Wall Mounted. I started to put the first one up, I pre-drilled the holes into the studs. Using the scr-ews provided with the mounting arm. I tightened the scr-ews by hand into the wall, and one of the scr-ews snapped in half. So after I go to Lowes and get some scre-ws that are not made of some kind of che-ap & we-ak metal to cut costs of production; I will have to end up remounting higher or lower than originally planned, due to the fact I have the threaded end of the scr-ews stuck in my wall now. So do not Use the provided scr-ews, I would not want to have this happen to anyone else. Costing well over $100 for each one of the mounts, I would expect they could provide some nice heavy-duty scr-ews to mount with. I don't even want to think what would happen if I actually got to the point where my 30" Cinema HD's were mounted on them and then the scr-ews broke, that would have been quite costly. …
- Written by Timothy G from San Diego
174 of 207 people found this useful
Does the job
This arm is well built and has a nice finish that complements my new 30" Cinema Display. The packaging was very well padded to pro This arm is well built and has a nice finish that complements my new 30" Cinema Display. The packaging was very well padded to protect the arm during shipment. The cable clips are very cheap, flimsy plastic and will fall off continuously due to the heavy weight of the monitor's cable. I have a similar arm sold by LaCie and it uses metal guides for the cable which work much better. I wound up using zip ties to keep the cable attached to the arm instead.
Please be aware that the instruction manual says that the arm is pre-tensioned and needs no adjustment. I had quite a scare when I mounted my display because the weight of the monitor made it flop down and almost hit the wall. It turns out the tilt adjustment was way too loose. Once tightened with the supplied allen wrench, it now stays in the desired tilt angle. However, I find that the rotate adjustment is still a bit loose and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to tighten this axis of movement.
- Written by Karl-Franz M from Melbourne
132 of 147 people found this useful
A lot better than people give it credit for!
So I've read the reviews that this mount is stiff and hard to move around....common sense guys, it comes with an allen key and all So I've read the reviews that this mount is stiff and hard to move around....common sense guys, it comes with an allen key and all the hinges can be slightly loosened to your desired tension, mine moves easily and smoothly! You can even tilt the screen up or down which is nice. This way you can tighten it into a permanent position if you are not likely to move it around much, or you can keep it loose if you move it around a lot.
The wall mount is pretty heavy, especially with my 27" imac, so you would want to mount it on a stud in the wall, unless you want to attempt to use some heavy duty drywall plugs. You could mount it directly to drywall, my closet poles are mounted to dry wall with special plastic split studs and they hold super heavy winter coats just fine - I just didn't want to risk it with my mac! ha
The color is nice, matches well with the iMac and is just a little darker silver. I have light grey walls so it looks epic against it.
DONT FORGET TO GET THE VESA ADAPTER FOR IMAC!!!! else you won't be able to attach this wall mount to the back of your iMac.
super easy to install, super sturdy which makes you feel a lot safer having your expensive computer hanging from the wall! and it has some clips on the mount that you can clip the cord onto so it is not hanging from the computer but stays hidden.
It is pricey, but I wouldn't want to buy something cheap and flimsy and ruin my $3000 computer!!! To me it's worth the money. Plus, I'm always needing to move the computer around and im always nervous that i'm going to knock my iMac over so I actually feel safer with it mounted to the wall :) …
- Written by Kara S from Canton
11 of 12 people found this useful
Nice, but display is too far from the wall
Overall a pretty good product. No problems with installation and does the job for a 30" Cinema. But the minimum distance from th Overall a pretty good product. No problems with installation and does the job for a 30" Cinema. But the minimum distance from the wall is about 6" (from back of the display). If I had know this before, I would have found some other wall mount. …
- Written by Bruce G from Palo Alto
78 of 84 people found this useful
Not one touch positioning
Moving my 24" imac is a grinding process that is jerky and hardly one touch. I have tried to loosen the allen wrench nuts to get Moving my 24" imac is a grinding process that is jerky and hardly one touch. I have tried to loosen the allen wrench nuts to get the right combination of tight enough to hold it up and loose enough to move freely and have not found a happy medium. Within 2 months it wont hold the iMac upright, any adjustment loosens it beyond usability. …
- Written by Lydia R from BROOKLYN
73 of 79 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this work with the hover bar for ipad
- Asked by Mark R
- Oct 31, 2013
No answers yet
How hard is it to switch an imac off the mount and place it back in the original desk stand?
- Asked by Thomas B from Millersville
- Sep 27, 2013
can this work with the LED Cinema display 27''?
- Asked by Spencer C from Anaheim
- Dec 10, 2010
This will work with the 24" and 27" Apple LED Cinema Displays and the Apple 27" Thunderbolt display This will work with the 24" and 27" Apple LED Cinema Displays and the Apple 27" Thunderbolt display when used with the VESA mount adaptor …
- Answered by R O from Chislehurst
- Mar 14, 2013
Would this work for smaller iMac computer?
- Asked by Scott B from Bloomfield Hills
- Oct 17, 2012