The Beats by Dr. Dre Pill XL is a bigger, louder version of the Pill Bluetooth wireless compact speaker for iPhone, iPod, or iPad. It delivers enough sound to fill a large room or power a backyard barbecue.
Even though it's larger, Beats by Dr. Dre Pill XL is still lightweight and has a built-in handle for maximum portability. The Pill XL gives you the freedom take high-quality audio anywhere.
Tap, pair, and play
Sync two Pill XLs by tapping them together to play the same song. You can also tap them together twice to hear your music in stereo, making one Pill XL the left output and the other the right.
Change tracks from your iOS device
Pair the Pill XL to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or any other Bluetooth-enabled device to change tracks and adjust the volume from up to 30 feet away.
Visible fuel gauge
A visible battery fuel gauge lets you always know how much power is left. Pill XL's rechargeable battery gives you 15 hours of continuous play and it automatically shuts off after ten minutes of no signal detection to save power.
Not only does Pill XL deliver music power for hours, it has plenty of extra juice to charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Bigger size means bigger sound
- Tap-to-pair with NFC technology for easy and instant Bluetooth 2.1 audio and supports SBC and AAC Codecs for high-quality streaming
- Provides clear, full-range sound delivered in a portable package
- Use the Aux input for any device with an analog output for optimal sound
- Wirelessly connect with another Pill XL speaker for stereo audio
Did you notice?Wireless and cord free, the Pill even has a built-in handle for easy carrying.
Apple Recommends ForMake the music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch bigger and better anywhere you go.
What's in the Box?
- Beats by Dr. Dre Pill XL Portable Stereo Speaker with Bluetooth
- 1.5 m audio cable (3.5mm to 3.5 mm)
- AC power adapter
- Quick start-up guide
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 10.4 cm/4.1 in.
- Width: 33.8 cm/13.3 in.
- Weight: 3.3 lb./1.5 kg
- Length: 10.4 cm/4.1 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: MH842AM/A
- UPC or EAN No.: 848447009848
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
Ratings & Reviews
Great sound on this speaker. It really does amplify the bass in music just as it advertises.. The re chargeable battery is long Great sound on this speaker. It really does amplify the bass in music just as it advertises.. The re chargeable battery is long lasting. It's got a built in carry handle that is also a stand. Works well. The control buttons are are the back with the handle. The power button is all I use because I control everything else from my device, in this case my iphone6. I do wish that the bass and treble were adjustable. I like a little less bass and more treble, but it does exactly as advertised. If you like bass, this is the speaker for you. …
- Written by Joanne V from Farmersville
11 of 11 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is there a car charger available for the Pill XL?? I can't seem to find one anywhere.
- Asked by Michael Y from Elkton
- Aug 16, 2014
If you get a car adaptor for USB plug-ins then you can charge this in the car using the USB cable.
- Answered by Anathan D
- Sep 4, 2014
Can I charge it via usb or do I have to use the ac adapter
- Asked by David M
- Aug 10, 2014
Yes it can be charged via USB.
- Answered by Valentino S from Miramar
- Aug 21, 2014
Does the Pill XL speaker come in other colors?
- Asked by Rachel T from Dumfries
- Sep 12, 2014
Will this work with the Pioneer Wego2 deck?
- Asked by Nathalie S from West Malling
- Sep 9, 2014