Charge and sync your iPhone 5s or iPhone 5 with the iPhone 5s Dock. Your iPhone sits upright in the dock as it syncs or charges, so it's perfect for a desk or countertop. It features a convenient audio line out port that connects to powered speakers. It supports other iPhone 5 accessories, such as the Lightning to USB Cable (sold separately). You can even conduct speakerphone calls with your iPhone in its dock.
Here are some ways you can use the iPhone 5s Dock:
- Connect the dock to your computer with the USB cable (sold separately) to sync iPhone and charge its battery.
- Connect the dock to an electrical outlet using the Apple USB Power Adapter (included with your iPhone) to charge the battery.
- Place your iPhone in the dock and enjoy clear audio during speakerphone calls thanks to special audio porting.
- Connect the dock to powered speakers or a stereo using a 3.5-mm cable (sold separately) to play music and podcasts through your iPhone.
What's in the Box?
- iPhone 5s Dock
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Seriously? Doesn't work with Apple custom leather case?
So, let me get this straight. Great phone, great dock, great leather case. Only one of the last 2 goes with the phone at any one t So, let me get this straight. Great phone, great dock, great leather case. Only one of the last 2 goes with the phone at any one time. C'mon Apple! You should know better than to create one product that makes it difficult or impossible to use another of your own products! How about bringing back the old insert thing, with one for the phone alone, and one with the beautiful leather case? …
- Written by Patrick K from Fort Irwin
1336 of 1536 people found this useful
Great idea but poorly developed!
I was excited to hear that Apple was again making docks for my iPhone 5 because I've owned previous models. When I purchased the i I was excited to hear that Apple was again making docks for my iPhone 5 because I've owned previous models. When I purchased the iPhone 5S I went out the next day and bought the Apple dock.
I think its a great product however there's a little issue that I find distracting. That is, when you have the phone docked with the iPhone 5S its a bit cumbersome to use the TouchID with your fingers because the very front is slightly blocking your finger from using the TouchID.
I'm going to use it for a few days to see how much it bothers me but I have a feeling I'll be returning it.
I hope this helps someone that may be interested in purchasing. …
- Written by Michael S from Jacksonville
762 of 867 people found this useful
Finally An Apple Dock, But...
I'm very happy that Apple finally made this dock! I hated using 3rd party docks because they tend to be on the ugly side. I like t I'm very happy that Apple finally made this dock! I hated using 3rd party docks because they tend to be on the ugly side. I like the look of this dock. It's classic Apple. And it does what docks do. Charges, syncs, and is a nice little home for my iPhone 5. However, the two main things I do not like are that the home button is partially covered by the dock when the phone is sitting in it. Apple seems to be really slacking off on little design details like this lately. Also, the dock is light, so you will have to hold it down when you take the phone out of it. It's not heavy enough to use with just one hand. But all in all I do like it, just not 5 stars. I'd really give it 3.5 stars but can't do that here so I gave 3. Oh, it SHOULD be cheaper for what it is and what it does. I mean it's essentially just a differently-shaped power adapter. …
- Written by Jason B from Winnipeg
622 of 695 people found this useful
Everyone at Apple should be embarrassed.
This is the worst Apple product I have ever used.
1. It is too light. You can't simply lift the iPhone up, you have to hold the This is the worst Apple product I have ever used.
1. It is too light. You can't simply lift the iPhone up, you have to hold the dock down with one hand and wiggle out the iPhone with the other.
2. The front of the dock blocks the home button. Because of this it is difficult to use Touch ID to unlock the device. It is also more difficult to use the home button in regular use of the phone.
3. There is no support behind the phone, just the cutout at the very bottom (that causes point 2.). In combination with point 1., the dock and phone tend to slip and totter all over the place when you push the home button or tap the screen. It does not inspire confidence.
4. Speaking of the cutout, it only fits an unsleeved or uncased phone. No matter how thin your case, no matter if you are using Apple's own cases, the phone will not fit unless it is bare.
5. It loses support for the Apple Remote compared to previous Apple iPhone docks.
6. It disables the audio controls on the iPhone. This, combined with point 5. means I have to stand up and walk across the office to adjust volume since I have this plugged directly into a pair of powered bookshelf speakers & sub instead of a receiver.
7. And not only does it disable the audio controls, it pumps audio out of the 3.5mm "Line Out" connector at 100% volume. Make sure you have speakers or a receiver that can handle this ridiculous signal. My THX-certified Klipsch Promedia 2.1 system in my office cannot handle it. Turning its volume knob more than a fraction of a degree from mute results in ear bleed-inducing volume.
This poorly-designed product fails at every single thing a dock needs to be good. It is simply terrible. Shockingly terrible. The iPhone 5s is a masterpiece of design. It is one of the best things I have ever owned, it's one of my favorite things to use. To have one of its accessories be this bad is a tragedy, an embarrassment. Shame on Apple for letting this product be sold under its name. …
- Written by John R from Fargo
2 of 2 people found this useful
Headset not working when docked
I bought this dock for office in order to easily recharge and make iPhone 5 phone called with headset.
Although there is a headse I bought this dock for office in order to easily recharge and make iPhone 5 phone called with headset.
Although there is a headset connector, the headset are not working for phone calls - only for listening to music.
Hello! This is not ok! …
- Written by Henrik K from Aalborg
1 of 1 people found this useful
Simply Stopped Connecting - it's now inert
I bought this late January and on April 2 it stopped working, iPhone will not charge nor connect to anything.
No charger,not my I bought this late January and on April 2 it stopped working, iPhone will not charge nor connect to anything.
No charger,not my Mac - nothing! May was well be a solid piece of plastic
I have serious concerns about this !
Anyone else have this issue? …
- Written by Christoph L from Victoria
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Did you have color for 5s space gray?
- Asked by Sergey S
- Jan 7, 2014
This dock only comes in white
- Answered by Randall H from Red Lake
- Mar 31, 2014
does the iPhone 5 work with this
- Asked by Mason M from Shamong
- Sep 12, 2013
Yes as it's stated to be compatible in the product page. Works with iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s
- Answered by Tim C
- Sep 15, 2013
Will the built in microphone on the iPhone headphones work when plugged into the dock's line-out?
- Asked by Barry J from Easley
- Oct 17, 2013
Can this dock be used with an Apple remote?
- Asked by Jessica L from Elk River
- Sep 24, 2013
There is no IR receiver on the dock, so your Apple Remote will not work with devices docked in it.
- Answered by Drew M
- Oct 7, 2013