Rediscover your music.
Put on the Apple In-Ear Headphones, select your favorite track, and hear musical details you never knew existed. It's almost like you're experiencing your music for the first time.
Two drivers in each earpiece.
Each earpiece contains two separate high-performance drivers — a woofer and a tweeter — resulting in rich, detailed, and accurate sound reproduction and amazing bass response for all types of music.
Impressive sound isolation.
Choose from three sizes of soft, silicone ear tips for a comfortable, stable fit. When inserted in your ear, they create a seal that blocks outside noise so you can get the most from your music.
The control capsule located on the cable of the right earpiece includes a microphone and three buttons. Here's what you can do with this convenient remote*:
- Adjust volume by pressing the + and - buttons.
- Control music and video playback — including play/pause and next/previous — by pressing the centre button.
- Record voice memos on supported devices.
- Answer and end calls.
Steel mesh caps for protection.
Stainless steel mesh caps protect the precision acoustic components from dust and debris. You can remove the caps for cleaning or replace them with an extra set that's included in the box.
What's in the Box?
- Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic
- Carrying case
- Three sets of silicone ear tips (small, medium, large)
- Two replacement mesh caps
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 21kHz
- Impedance: 23 Ohms
- Sound Pressure Level: 109 dB SPL/mW
- Drivers: Custom two-way balanced armature (woofer and tweeter in each earpiece)
- Weight: 0.4 ounces (10.2 grams)
- Cable Length: 42 in./106 cm; 13 in./330 mm to earpiece
- The remote and mic are supported only by iPod nano (4th generation and later), iPod classic (120GB/160GB), iPod touch (2nd generation and later), iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad. The remote is supported by iPod shuffle (3rd generation and later). Audio is supported by all iPod models.
- Requires software version 1.0.3 for iPod nano (4th generation), 2.0.1 for iPod classic (120GB) and 2.2 or later for iPod touch (2nd generation).
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
iPad mini with Retina display
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod shuffle 4th Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
iPod touch 5th Generation 16GB
Ratings & Reviews
Excellent price for earphones with two drivers
It is difficult to find earphones of this quality for the price especially with a microphone. The trick is to choose the correct e It is difficult to find earphones of this quality for the price especially with a microphone. The trick is to choose the correct ear tip to get a good seal in the ear. If the seal is poor, the bass will be reduced. With a good seal the sound and noise isolation is quite good. …
- Written by Andrew B from NEW ORLEANS
289 of 367 people found this useful
I had high hopes for these headphones. In particular, the idea of two drivers appealed to me. The highs and mids on the headphon I had high hopes for these headphones. In particular, the idea of two drivers appealed to me. The highs and mids on the headphonee are good. The bass, however, is lacking any form of substance. I recommend that you pass on these. …
- Written by Timothy A from Farmington
264 of 378 people found this useful
The stupid ear buds constantly pop off and get lost.
- Written by Brett F from Hoboken
388 of 633 people found this useful
can't replace plastic tips!
I love love love these headphones. They sound great and the small plastic tips fit perfectly in my ear.
I hate hate hate the I love love love these headphones. They sound great and the small plastic tips fit perfectly in my ear.
I hate hate hate these headphones because you can't replace the plastic tips. My son keeps taking them off and losing them and I can't replace them. $79 bucks down the drain. …
- Written by Lisa P from Minnetrista
2 of 6 people found this useful
Save your money
To bad the warranty is only for one year. On my second set in three months. The right speaker went out in two months, the left s To bad the warranty is only for one year. On my second set in three months. The right speaker went out in two months, the left speaker is out in less than one month on second set. Have also experienced several shocks. Headed to the Apple Store this week for set number three. Apple needs to recall this product!!! …
- Written by Richard J from Denton
3 of 3 people found this useful
I love the sound (and I'm a professional musician)
Love the fit and the sound. Most earbuds are too big for my ears, painful to wear. The sound is great. I have no idea why peopl Love the fit and the sound. Most earbuds are too big for my ears, painful to wear. The sound is great. I have no idea why people say the silicon buds fall off, I've never had that experience and I wear them a LOT. Maybe they chose the wrong size out of the three that come with the earphones? Just a guess. …
- Written by Thomas S from NEW YORK
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Are these headphones compatible with Ipod shuffle 3rd generation?
- Asked by Nahuel B
- Nov 29, 2013
No answers yet
Can you buy replacement ear tips for apple head phones
- Asked by Irene S from Kelowna
- May 3, 2013
If you call Apple's 1-800 number, you can order a set of replacement silicon tips (a pair of each si If you call Apple's 1-800 number, you can order a set of replacement silicon tips (a pair of each size) for $10 USD. You can only do this over the phone, the replacement tips are not available to purchase online or in stores. …
- Answered by Patrick A from Columbus
- Dec 8, 2013