Rediscover your music.
Put on the Apple In-Ear Headphones, select your favorite track, and hear musical details you never knew existed. It's almost like you're experiencing your music for the first time.
Two drivers in each earpiece.
Each earpiece contains two separate high-performance drivers — a woofer and a tweeter — resulting in rich, detailed, and accurate sound reproduction and amazing bass response for all types of music.
Impressive sound isolation.
Choose from three sizes of soft, silicone ear tips for a comfortable, stable fit. When inserted in your ear, they create a seal that blocks outside noise so you can get the most from your music.
The control capsule located on the cable of the right earpiece includes a microphone and three buttons. Here's what you can do with this convenient remote*:
- Adjust volume by pressing the + and - buttons.
- Control music and video playback — including play/pause and next/previous — by pressing the centre button.
- Record voice memos on supported devices.
- Answer and end calls.
Steel mesh caps for protection.
Stainless steel mesh caps protect the precision acoustic components from dust and debris. You can remove the caps for cleaning or replace them with an extra set that's included in the box.
What's in the Box?
- Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic
- Carrying case
- Three sets of silicone ear tips (small, medium, large)
- Two replacement mesh caps
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 21kHz
- Impedance: 23 Ohms
- Sound Pressure Level: 109 dB SPL/mW
- Drivers: Custom two-way balanced armature (woofer and tweeter in each earpiece)
- Weight: 0.4 ounces (10.2 grams)
- Cable Length: 42 in./106 cm; 13 in./330 mm to earpiece
- The remote and mic are supported only by iPod nano (4th generation and later), iPod classic (120GB/160GB), iPod touch (2nd generation and later), iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad. The remote is supported by iPod shuffle (3rd generation and later). Audio is supported by all iPod models.
- Requires software version 1.0.3 for iPod nano (4th generation), 2.0.1 for iPod classic (120GB) and 2.2 or later for iPod touch (2nd generation).
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
iPad mini with Retina display
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod shuffle 4th Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
iPod touch 5th Generation 16GB
Ratings & Reviews
Excellent price for earphones with two drivers
It is difficult to find earphones of this quality for the price especially with a microphone. The trick is to choose the correct e It is difficult to find earphones of this quality for the price especially with a microphone. The trick is to choose the correct ear tip to get a good seal in the ear. If the seal is poor, the bass will be reduced. With a good seal the sound and noise isolation is quite good. …
- Written by Andrew B from NEW ORLEANS
267 of 339 people found this useful
The stupid ear buds constantly pop off and get lost.
- Written by Brett F from Hoboken
370 of 596 people found this useful
I had high hopes for these headphones. In particular, the idea of two drivers appealed to me. The highs and mids on the headphon I had high hopes for these headphones. In particular, the idea of two drivers appealed to me. The highs and mids on the headphonee are good. The bass, however, is lacking any form of substance. I recommend that you pass on these. …
- Written by Timothy A from Farmington
245 of 355 people found this useful
no bass, not worth the price
It's all in the title, this headphone delivers almost no bass sounds. I am very disapointed with this purchase, especially conside It's all in the title, this headphone delivers almost no bass sounds. I am very disapointed with this purchase, especially considering the relatively high price. I wasn't expecting Apple to ship this kind of poor quality product, …
- Written by Cédric S from Mérignac
As much as I love Apple. I don't like these in-ear headphones with remote and mic. They are built very poorly. I got these for fre As much as I love Apple. I don't like these in-ear headphones with remote and mic. They are built very poorly. I got these for free because the original Apple in-ear remote/mic stop working after 2 years, so Apple was kindly enough to send these for free. But I kept on having to buy replacement buds on Amazon every 3 weeks because they kept on falling off and I couldn't find them.
So I advice you to purchase the new earbuds with mic or the ones without mic. …
- Written by Elizabeth F from LA CROSSE
Seal the ear well enough - like ear plugs
I use mine to block out the loud noise of a roommate (&TV) or the snoring of a spouse. Besides, you cannot beat the comfort of we I use mine to block out the loud noise of a roommate (&TV) or the snoring of a spouse. Besides, you cannot beat the comfort of wearing these throughout the night. I just love these, even more than the ones from my iPhone 5 …
- Written by Margot M from Woodway
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Are these headphones compatible with Ipod shuffle 3rd generation?
- Asked by Nahuel B
- Nov 29, 2013
No answers yet
Can you buy replacement ear tips for apple head phones
- Asked by Irene S from Kelowna
- May 3, 2013
- Answered by Matthew B from Pittsburgh
- Oct 16, 2013
Which are the best earphones to use with an iPad Mini?
- Asked by Hazel E
- May 22, 2013
- Answered by Marco C from Milano
- Sep 10, 2013
can I use the headphones from my Apple iPhone 3GS in my iPad 3rd Generation?
- Asked by Victoria M from San Marcos
- Apr 18, 2013
Yes , all apple earphones are compatible with any apple device as well as third party devices.
- Answered by Shiva K from Hayward
- May 29, 2013