Thin, minimal design.
The slim, yet sturdy Smart Cover protects your iPad mini screen without covering up its durable aluminum back. So your iPad mini still looks and feels like an iPad — just with a little extra protection.
A hinge magnetically aligns the Smart Cover with iPad mini for a perfect fit. While magnets inside help it stay put.
The Smart Cover does double duty as a keyboard stand. Fold it back to tilt iPad mini into a comfortable writing position.
The Smart Cover comes in six vibrant polyurethane colors with a soft, color-matched microfiber lining that keeps your display clean.
Wake on open. Sleep on close.
Open the iPad mini Smart Cover, and iPad mini magically wakes up. Close it, and iPad mini automatically goes to sleep.
FaceTime and film stand.
The iPad mini Smart Cover folds in just the right places to become the perfect FaceTime and movie-watching stand.
What's in the Box?
- iPad mini Smart Cover
Ratings & Reviews
Leaves fuzz all over
Cover looks nice, but not as functional as the big iPad covers. Here are some problems I found with this cover:
1) Fuzzy back of cover sheds tiny hairs all over the screen. This problem has been going on for days. Tried using tape to remove them but still get them. Very annoying because these tiny fuzziness are very hard to clean.
2) Cover doesn't fold entirely on itself (which means that if you set it on a dirty surface you will get part of the interior dirty, and the fuzzy clothing seems to be hard to clean). This doesn't happen on the bigger iPad covers.
3) Folding into a stand is very weak. Not as strong/sturdy compared to bigger iPad cover. …
- Written by Jose L. M from Seattle
321 of 391 people found this useful
Cover does not meet my expectations
I purchased this cover with good intentions, but I am disappointed with it. My cover does only that--cover and nothing else! It wo n't stand nor can you lean the IPad on it without being flat, which makes it very hard to read the screen! Don't waste your money on this piece!!! …
- Written by Mary L from Green Bay
223 of 316 people found this useful
Love this cover!!
Just bought the mini! Love the bright blue cover. Love the sleek design, feel and the magnet is pretty strong. Cover works well a s a stand. Perfect for what I need it to do! If you want your cover to do more, buy something else! Very satisfied! …
- Written by Candace V from Charleston
107 of 127 people found this useful
WORST APPLE PRODUCT YET! RETURNED THE NEXT DAY!
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY! It holds on fine to the mini. Design wise there is to much material between where it is magnitized to the d evice which is why its so hard to hold it up. It doesnt sit right because of that eatra in there. I love my mini but i'm going with a differnt case. Also to apple give us a little plastic protector for the back my is scrached already. Need something that covers the whole product not just half @$$ing it. …
- Written by Elis M from Pittsburgh
4 of 8 people found this useful
I made the mistaken assumption that this cover will be similar to one for the Ipad - covering both sides. What a disappointment to find it offers only a cover for the front. This was a gift, so I can't return it. …
- Written by Mary Beth H from Bloomington
5 of 7 people found this useful
This thing is terrible and a waste of money. It comes off all too easily, and doesn't support a Mini at all. I would give it 0 st ars if I could. It is totally unlike the Smart Cover for the full-size iPad - and my wife doesn't much like THAT. …
- Written by Robert W from Rockwall
41 of 67 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Bronwyn F from Helensvale
- Oct 31, 2012
Buy "Pages" for word processing. You can then email a document to yourself (or anyone) as a Word doc ument.
iPhoto is available for iPad. …
- Answered by Robert M
- Nov 2, 2012
Best thing to use is an unscented baby wipe and a terry cloth to dry
- Answered by Keith G from Prairieville
- Oct 30, 2012
- Answered by Alfonso T from Windsor
- Apr 28, 2013
- Asked by Debra Y
- Mar 8, 2013
Yes, it can charge just fine. The iPad Smart Cover does not interfere with the lightning dock connec tor. …
- Answered by Jorge V from Concord
- Apr 19, 2013
- Asked by Audrey H from Morris
- Jan 19, 2013
Yes. It does the same as the normal iPad Smart Cover
- Answered by Konner K from Hillsboro
- Apr 7, 2013
- Asked by Sandra H from Jacksonville
- Feb 13, 2013
- Answered by Isaac C
- Mar 29, 2013