Unlike traditional, circular earbuds, the design of the new Apple EarPods is defined by the geometry of the ear. Which makes them more comfortable for more people than any other earbud-style headphone.
The speakers inside Apple EarPods have been engineered to minimize sound loss and maximize sound output. So you get high-quality audio that’s just as impressive as what you’d hear from more expensive headphones.
The Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic also include a built-in remote that lets you adjust the volume, control the playback of music and video, and answer or end calls with a pinch of the cord.
- Designed by Apple
- Deeper, richer bass tones
- Greater protection from sweat and water
- Control music and video playback
- Answer and end calls
What's in the Box?
- Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
- Storage and travel case
- The remote and mic are supported by all models of iPod, iPhone, and iPad (not all models support volume up/down functions). Audio is supported by all iPod models.
- Requires software version 1.0.3 for iPod nano (4th generation), 2.0.1 for iPod classic (120GB), and 2.2 or later for iPod touch (2nd generation).
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod shuffle 4th Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Fantastic for $30
These little suckers are on par with my Bose $130 headphones (MIE2i). They are a HUGE leap forward from the prior Apple Ear Buds. There are immensely comfortable, and even the buttons on the chord have a better feel (more satisfying click) than the prior Ear Buds. As for sound, they produce a great, rich, range; with much improved bass.
I seriously couldn't recommend these more. …
- Written by Matthew S from San Antonio
3301 of 3814 people found this useful
Handsdown, these are best $30 headphones you can buy.
I just got these today and they are the most comfortable headphones I have ever used.
Having had high end headphones for many y ears I can say that Apple has outdone themselves in every aspect of these Earpods.
As far as the old headphones that came with my iPhone one of the annoying parts were over time the rubber washer around the earpiece would fade away leaving the rough inner part exposed. This one is smooth and sleek. It fits perfectly in your ear with no compromise.
The first time I put these on I could not believe the sound difference.
There is a presence there that was not on the older iPod headphones.
The bass is rich but not too overbearing. The highs are clear and the mids are there to balance things out. I've tested these out thoroughly and I have to say at $30 its a no brainer.
When I saw these headphones I knew there must have been something magical about them. Apple doesn't just change their headphones without a good reason.
I've been listening to random music. One track in particular sounded just incredible on these Earpods it was Phaeleh Afterglow. I'm not sure if its on iTunes but the lows are jaw dropping.
Along with all of the Tool songs and A perfect circle. I test these with Classical works from Vivaldi, Mozart, and Bach.
This was one of the many gifts that Steve Jobs left us before he passed.
I tip my virtual hat to you Apple. …
- Written by shawn A from BOCA RATON
2767 of 3184 people found this useful
These are a huge improvement over the old version in every way:
1. The sound is a huge improvement. There is a lot more bass an d clarity. They almost sound as good as my Philips O'Neil Stretch Over-ear Headphones. There is more isolation from outside noise.
2. The fit in the ear is better. They feel bigger in your ear.
3. The cord is a bit thicker and more smooth. The old version was more rubbery.
4. The microphone/control buttons are bigger and feel better made and more clicky. The microphone does not seem any better than the old version. …
- Written by Paul B from Norco
2463 of 2767 people found this useful
Best manufacturer-supplied / in-the-box headphones I have ever used.
- Written by Aaron Z from New York
3 of 5 people found this useful
when I bought an iPhone5, the earpods was free and I'm so curious about it's performance because of it's new design so I tested it immediately...
The sound was really great, it fits my ears well and it doesn't fall in my every head turns unlike the previous earpiece that it annoys me that every time I turn my head it falls!
THUMBS UP for this product.. …
- Written by Dexter R from Taguig City
3 of 4 people found this useful
Apple EarPods- Not quite what they used to be?
I was very excited to get some new Apple headphones, as my old ones had taken a beating and no longer functioned. I liked the appe arance of the new headphones and bought a pair at Best Buy. The fit, turns out, is not so great (at least for me). The pointed ends of the Pods tend to poke the insides of my ears. Though they worked, so I kept using them. After about two months, something happened to the plating or wiring because audio was distorted and ruined. I plugged the headphones into my Macbook to see if it was the Pods or my phone,and the problem persisted. To conclude, I would not recommend this gen. of headphones, the previous iPhone headphones were a much better product, in my experience. Some options of earbud sizes would be a good idea. …
- Written by Anthony J from Lake Stevens
3 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Brandon H from Johnson City
- Sep 12, 2012
Yes the EarPods work with other smartphones and audio devices. I have been using EarPods with my HTC Wildfire S.As for the audio control it works for it too. …
- Answered by Yousuf S
- Sep 13, 2012
- Asked by Betty D from Easton
- Oct 12, 2012
yes it will if it has an audio jack (every ipod has one)
- Answered by Deanne H from Driffield
- Oct 27, 2012
- Asked by Wade P from Sterling Heights
- Sep 21, 2012
No they don't
- Answered by Matthew R from Puyallup
- Oct 3, 2012
- Asked by Milan S from Berkeley
- May 10, 2013
Yes the earpods work with all generations of the iPad.
- Answered by Devin M from Baxter
- Nov 26, 2012