Dress up your iPhone with an iPhone 4 Bumper. Choose one of six colors or (PRODUCT) RED and slip it around the edge of your iPhone. With metal buttons for volume and power, two-tone colors, and a combination of rubber and molded plastic, Bumpers add a touch of style to any iPhone 4S or iPhone 4.
What's in the Box?
- iPhone 4 Bumper
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Nice concept, has issues, not ideal
I got the iPhone 4 bumper on the day of launch and used it since launch until last week (so for few months). Here are my thoughts: I got the iPhone 4 bumper on the day of launch and used it since launch until last week (so for few months). Here are my thoughts:
* Cool concept - Works well for people who want a light weight cover/safety yet not carry the bulk. Truly Apple style design.
* Build - The body is firm, not flimsy. The rubber edge is like magnet, they will keep your phone still in any place, works great, I left it on the treadmill or car dash and it never moved. The rubber is soft, which gives it some protection in case the phone falls on a hard surface. By design the back is exposed but that is not an issue, it is a choice. The fit is perfect, you can slip it on or off easily, though I rarely did it (wish I did it sooner, keep reading). The rest of build has many issues covered under CONS.
* Buttons - The buttons feels great, you won't miss using the iPhone buttons. Getting to ringer button can be bit tough, not an issue though.
* Reception - Bumper or any cover is supposed to insulate the antenna shorting and avoid the iPhone 4 issue. It did as claimed but once I stopped using it, I noticed a different behavior, covered under CONS.
* Reception - So you would think that bumper will help with iPhone 4 antenna issue. Well, it did. My bars did not drop as it would otherwise. However, once I stopped using it (replaced it with ghost sticky skin), I noticed a significant improvement in my WiFi signal strength. This makes me wonder if it interfered with my WiFi antenna. Anyways, just an observation that I wanted to share here.
* Build - After a few months of use, I took off the bumper and found that the Inner lining had badly scratched the metal edges/antenna of the phone. Phone's power button and the metal body is scratched from all sides. This is a quality failure. The lining is supposed to protect the phone body, not harm it. It has cheap plastic (or something similar) inside that does more harm than good ! Unfortunately, its too late for me, my phone is scratched in only the areas that was protected by the bumper (irony ?).
* Holes for ports - If you live in Apple world then this bumper is for you. But if you plan to use non-Apply headphones or USB connector (in car or otherwise), you are out of luck. The bumper holes are precisely built to fit the small apple connectors or similar (rare to find), nothing else would fit. Yet another reason why I dumped the bumper.
CONCLUSION - Cool concept, good fit, nice from outside, cheap harmful material inside, limits use of 3rd party headphones/adapters. Cons weigh more than Pros for me and I no longer am using it. …
- Written by Vikram C from Wilmington
2633 of 2942 people found this useful
Good case but ironic
When I got this case I was really excited to protect it and show it off. After 3 months of use I hsve noticed it has been scratchi When I got this case I was really excited to protect it and show it off. After 3 months of use I hsve noticed it has been scratching my phone's stainless steel bumper. There are nor scratches all over my phone from an apple product that was supposed to protect it. …
- Written by Shady O from Houston
1251 of 1500 people found this useful
Good, but requires modification
The bumper is a good case for what it's meant for. It offers no screen or back glass protection at all. The problem is the conne The bumper is a good case for what it's meant for. It offers no screen or back glass protection at all. The problem is the connectors. The dock connector port is a perfect fit for the apple dock connectors. However, if you have any accessory or 3rd party cables, this is where it becomes an issue. The ipod adapter in my car wouldn't work. Even an older apple branded ipod cable doesn't fit with the bumper on.
Solution: I used a Dremmel to make the dock connector much more accommodating to other cables.
Longer term solution: bought another case. …
- Written by MICHAEL A B from SOMERVILLE
897 of 1142 people found this useful
The iPhone 4 bumper is great for your iPhone if you like apple get this for u
- Written by Fidel S from Vernon
2 of 2 people found this useful
Becarful when you take it off and put it on.
As a protective bumper it works when it's on your phone but you have to handle it with care when you're putting it on and taking i As a protective bumper it works when it's on your phone but you have to handle it with care when you're putting it on and taking it off. The case has 2 layers a hard plastic which sits in between 2 pieces of rubber.
The hard plastic that holds the volume up and down button as well a the power button isn't very durable so you can't bend the case to much when you're putting it on or the hard plastic will snap leaving just the 2 pieces of rubber to keep the bumper together.
The weakest point on the case is by the 30-Pin connector on the bottom of the case, the plastic there is thinner to allow for the 30-Pin connector to make contact with the iPhone which is where you'll notice the break. …
- Written by Brian L from Sunnyside
2 of 5 people found this useful
Bumper broke phone screen
Put the bumper on. All was good. Went to take the bumper off and it lifted out the iPhone screen. Will be going back to the apple Put the bumper on. All was good. Went to take the bumper off and it lifted out the iPhone screen. Will be going back to the apple store tomorrow. Not happy not recommending. …
- Written by Deborah P from Arnprior
2 of 7 people found this useful