Dress up your iPhone with an iPhone 4 Bumper. Choose one of six colors or (PRODUCT) RED and slip it around the edge of your iPhone. With metal buttons for volume and power, two-tone colors, and a combination of rubber and molded plastic, Bumpers add a touch of style to any iPhone 4S or iPhone 4.
What's in the Box?
- iPhone 4 Bumper
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Nice concept, has issues, not ideal
I got the iPhone 4 bumper on the day of launch and used it since launch until last week (so for few months). Here are my thoughts: I got the iPhone 4 bumper on the day of launch and used it since launch until last week (so for few months). Here are my thoughts:
* Cool concept - Works well for people who want a light weight cover/safety yet not carry the bulk. Truly Apple style design.
* Build - The body is firm, not flimsy. The rubber edge is like magnet, they will keep your phone still in any place, works great, I left it on the treadmill or car dash and it never moved. The rubber is soft, which gives it some protection in case the phone falls on a hard surface. By design the back is exposed but that is not an issue, it is a choice. The fit is perfect, you can slip it on or off easily, though I rarely did it (wish I did it sooner, keep reading). The rest of build has many issues covered under CONS.
* Buttons - The buttons feels great, you won't miss using the iPhone buttons. Getting to ringer button can be bit tough, not an issue though.
* Reception - Bumper or any cover is supposed to insulate the antenna shorting and avoid the iPhone 4 issue. It did as claimed but once I stopped using it, I noticed a different behavior, covered under CONS.
* Reception - So you would think that bumper will help with iPhone 4 antenna issue. Well, it did. My bars did not drop as it would otherwise. However, once I stopped using it (replaced it with ghost sticky skin), I noticed a significant improvement in my WiFi signal strength. This makes me wonder if it interfered with my WiFi antenna. Anyways, just an observation that I wanted to share here.
* Build - After a few months of use, I took off the bumper and found that the Inner lining had badly scratched the metal edges/antenna of the phone. Phone's power button and the metal body is scratched from all sides. This is a quality failure. The lining is supposed to protect the phone body, not harm it. It has cheap plastic (or something similar) inside that does more harm than good ! Unfortunately, its too late for me, my phone is scratched in only the areas that was protected by the bumper (irony ?).
* Holes for ports - If you live in Apple world then this bumper is for you. But if you plan to use non-Apply headphones or USB connector (in car or otherwise), you are out of luck. The bumper holes are precisely built to fit the small apple connectors or similar (rare to find), nothing else would fit. Yet another reason why I dumped the bumper.
CONCLUSION - Cool concept, good fit, nice from outside, cheap harmful material inside, limits use of 3rd party headphones/adapters. Cons weigh more than Pros for me and I no longer am using it. …
- Written by Vikram C from Wilmington
2572 of 2865 people found this useful
Good case but ironic
When I got this case I was really excited to protect it and show it off. After 3 months of use I hsve noticed it has been scratchi When I got this case I was really excited to protect it and show it off. After 3 months of use I hsve noticed it has been scratching my phone's stainless steel bumper. There are nor scratches all over my phone from an apple product that was supposed to protect it. …
- Written by Shady O from Houston
1212 of 1450 people found this useful
Good, but requires modification
The bumper is a good case for what it's meant for. It offers no screen or back glass protection at all. The problem is the conne The bumper is a good case for what it's meant for. It offers no screen or back glass protection at all. The problem is the connectors. The dock connector port is a perfect fit for the apple dock connectors. However, if you have any accessory or 3rd party cables, this is where it becomes an issue. The ipod adapter in my car wouldn't work. Even an older apple branded ipod cable doesn't fit with the bumper on.
Solution: I used a Dremmel to make the dock connector much more accommodating to other cables.
Longer term solution: bought another case. …
- Written by MICHAEL A B from SOMERVILLE
867 of 1099 people found this useful
I wasn't really at first that the bumper would protect my iphone, since I am a disaster and I always drop my iphone somehow... My I wasn't really at first that the bumper would protect my iphone, since I am a disaster and I always drop my iphone somehow... My bumper lasted me 2 years, and I must say that if it wasn't for that bumper I wouldn't have a phone right now. You always need to be careful where you put your iphone because it could get a scratch, but if you put it in a separate pocket, and far away from coins and keys, the iphone should be perfect.
The bumper absorbs pretty good the hits, my phone has fallen in all different ways and still it looks like new.
My reception has been the same always.
I have a cheap car charger that works great with the bumper on, and actually I have tried different chargers, and they all go great. Maybe there are exceptions, but I have seen any yet.
Also, I have tried several different headphones, and they have all plugged properly.
So, in my case there aren't any complains!
I which Apple would make it for the new iPhones too! …
- Written by Arianne P from Etobicoke
Will turn your phone off, but easy fix
Hey guys, I have the exact same situation as all of you. I loved the first two bumpers on my first 4s, but when I smashed the scr Hey guys, I have the exact same situation as all of you. I loved the first two bumpers on my first 4s, but when I smashed the screen and destroyed the second bumper I cashed in on my AppleCare for a refurbed phone (or new-I'm not sure the battery life is no better) and got a new bumper. With this new design I can't even click the phone on and off - the button is always down. I looked into it more carefully and found a small plastic shim (the two functional, but tattered bumpers that I still have here have the same shim) over the power/sleep button inside of the bumper. I used a knife to peel the shim away and my bumper functions perfectly now. I know this will mark up the button, but so did the old bumpers. Poor QC and Apple should be ashamed for the outrageous price to build quality ratio. For the rest of you stuck with the new version of the bumper, give this a shot. It works. …
- Written by Thomas G from Dedham
2 of 2 people found this useful
The iPhone 4 bumper protects my phone really well!!!!!!!!! The only thing is I have the Blue one and the rubbers color starts to f The iPhone 4 bumper protects my phone really well!!!!!!!!! The only thing is I have the Blue one and the rubbers color starts to fade away after a few days to a more light color. But overall it is really awesome. …
- Written by Aman K from Moscow
1 of 1 people found this useful