The RHA MA450i headphones are designed for comfortable listening and noise isolation, with a choice of seven sizes of uniquely shaped high-grade silicone earbuds. Built to last, the headphones are encased in aircraft-grade aluminum with a scratch-resistant finish while the reinforced copper cable boasts fabric braiding to reduce tangles. The in-line controls and microphone let you take calls and use voice control with your iPhone, as well as giving you complete control over your music.
- Aluminum in-ear headphones with scratch-resistant finish
- In-line mic and remote for control and calls
- Reinforced copper cable with fabric braiding
- Seven interchangeable silicone tips for comfort
- Carry pouch
Did you notice?Built to last with high-grade materials, these headphones come with a three-year manufacturer's warranty.
Apple Recommends ForLight headphones with a comfortable noise isolating choice of seven sizes of earbud.
What's in the Box?
- RHA MA450i Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphones with Mic
- Carry pouch
- Seven pairs of soft ear cushions (Double Flange, S x 2, M x 2, L x 2)
- User documentation
- Frequency Response: 16Hz-22kHz
- Impedance: 16 ohms
- Other Features: With Mic, With Remote and Mic, Noise Isolation, Stereo, Works Without Batteries
- Form Factor: Earbud, In Ear
- Cable Length: 4.92 ft./1.5 m
- Drivers: 2
- No. of Microphones: 1
- Mfr. Part Number: 201018-MA450i Black
- UPC or EAN No.: 5060212270962
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three years
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 3
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod shuffle 3rd Generation
iPod shuffle 4th Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
quickly wear and cable picks up bumps
I bought a white version of these headphones from the Apple Store. I guess they don't sell them in white anymore. The rubber is I bought a white version of these headphones from the Apple Store. I guess they don't sell them in white anymore. The rubber is cracking and breaking. I treat them with care and do not tug, bend, or crush them.
The cable picks up sound from bumping and rubbing against tables, clothes, etc.. The sound from the bumping and rubbing overwhelms the music being played.
The woven clothe casing for the cable doesn't stay white over time. It absorbs dust and dirt and assumes a grayish color.
I do not recommend these. …
- Written by Jason Z from Greer
5 of 6 people found this useful
Good inexpensive headphone with a few minor design issues
I have owned these for about a week now. They sound really good for a $45 headphone and are worth the money. They work well with I have owned these for about a week now. They sound really good for a $45 headphone and are worth the money. They work well with my iPhone5. However, sometimes the volume and play button won’t work. If I unplug them and plug them back in it will usually work. Not sure if this is a problem with the headphone itself or the screw-in headphone connector for my waterproof case.
The cord is about a foot too long making it cumbersome with work out with and the fabric braiding on the cord, while making it more durable, makes an awful lot of noise when it rubs on your clothing. The 90 degree connector could be replaced with one that that is straight. The volume control is difficult to operate if you aren’t looking at it. The button side and the speaker side both feel the same at first. …
- Written by Jonathan D from NEW BRITAIN
4 of 4 people found this useful
Don't buy these!
Just as mentioned in other reviews, one hears thumping noises every time the cord rubs against one's clothing. It does Overwhelm Just as mentioned in other reviews, one hears thumping noises every time the cord rubs against one's clothing. It does Overwhelm the music. Terrible! I took them back after the first time I used them. …
- Written by Gary L from Louisville
2 of 2 people found this useful
Sound was lackluster, didn't sound "full" at all, which was less important than the left ear bud simply giving out after one week Sound was lackluster, didn't sound "full" at all, which was less important than the left ear bud simply giving out after one week of light use. Not buying headphones through Apple again. …
- Written by brett S from Los angeles
Good Product With Many Minor Flaws
The sound quality in fine and I really like the threaded wire design. Unfortunately the wire does occasionally pick up "bumps". Th The sound quality in fine and I really like the threaded wire design. Unfortunately the wire does occasionally pick up "bumps". The wire is also extremely long but that is far from the product's fault. Another annoying flaw is the fact that the actual rubber "buds" are very hard to put back onto the "tips". I have given up on wanting to make some fit and have resigned to hardly clean the ones I do use because of how hard they are to get back on. …
- Written by Nathaniel A from Wantagh
ear buds falling off?
good headphones but need to tighten the small speaker inside earbud at least once a week to keep them from falling off and getting good headphones but need to tighten the small speaker inside earbud at least once a week to keep them from falling off and getting lost …
- Written by michael R from el cajon
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I use this mic for voice recording onto the iPad mini?
- Asked by John H from La Crescenta
- Mar 25, 2015
does this work with ipod nano 7th gen?
- Asked by Kimberly F from Bolivar
- Nov 12, 2012
Yes, details of this can be found in the products compatibility section.
- Answered by Paul W
- Nov 30, 2013
The specs don't have any details on cord length (for us tall people). How long is the cord?
- Asked by Christopher S from Maplewood
- Jun 19, 2013
Are these headphones sweat proof or suitable for long runs/gym time?
- Asked by Gerardo M from Chicago
- Apr 11, 2013
I've accidentally ran my fair share of Apple headphones through the clothes washer and dryer, and I' I've accidentally ran my fair share of Apple headphones through the clothes washer and dryer, and I've had them for long workouts as well, and haven't noticed too much of a problem. …
- Answered by Rachel D from North Versailles
- Sep 21, 2014
Do these have a built in microphone?
- Asked by Byron C T from San Antonio
- May 24, 2013
Yes, i use these with mi iPhone 5 on skype all the time :-)
- Answered by Lee S
- Jun 19, 2013
Cani use these with iPad 2
- Asked by Tricia P
- Mar 7, 2013
Yes, I have these and use them with the iPad 2 no problem.
- Answered by Emily L from Brooklyn
- Apr 15, 2013