Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarm and its companion app on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch make safety easy—and decidedly less annoying. Nest Protect speaks up to tell you what the problem is and where it is. It will even message your iPhone when the alarm goes off or the batteries run low. And you can check on things at any time with the Nest app.
Nest Protect can also see the carbon monoxide you can't. Or if there's only a little smoke from just burning the toast, it gives you a friendly heads-up. It also gives you peace of mind by testing itself constantly and showing you everything's working with a quick green glow when you turn off the lights.
- Connect Nest Protect to Wi-Fi and it will send a message to your iPhone if the alarm goes off or the batteries run low
- Speaks up to tell you if there's smoke or CO and tells you where the problem is so you know what to do
- When there's CO, Nest Protect tells you where it's hiding
- Nightly Promise function tests Nest Protect's sensors and batteries and lets you know it's working with a quick green glow at night
- Silence the chirp of low batteries—Nest Protect shows you they're good before you doze off
- Heads-Up delivers a friendly alert so you can handle burning toast before a piercing alarm goes off
- Sends a message to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if the alarm goes off or if batteries run low
- Prepare for an emergency with the What To Do feature; enter an emergency contact and if something goes wrong, you've got a plan
- When one Nest Protect senses trouble, it tells the others and they all speak up at the same time—even if Wi-Fi is down
Did you notice?Speaks up to tell you if there's smoke or CO and lets you know where CO is located.
Apple Recommends ForKeep safe with alarms and alerts to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarm
- 6 long-life batteries designed for multi-year operation (Battery-powered model); 3 long-life backup batteries (AC-powered model)
- Four screws
- User's guide and welcome guide
- Three wire nuts ((AC-powered model)
- AC 120V connector (AC-powered model)
- Height: 1.61 in./4.1 cm
- Width: 5.28 in./13.4 cm
- Weight: 12.42 oz./352 g
- Length: 5.28 in./13.4 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: S2001LW
- UPC or EAN No.: 854448003396
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited hardware warranty
Connect to your Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm from one place - the Nest app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can adjust the temperature on your Nest Thermostat from anywhere and get notifications for important events, like Heads-Up and Emergency Alarm.
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
What square footage area does one monitor cover? I have a 3 story log home
- Asked by Debby M from Elizabeth
- Jul 29, 2014
Does the nest protect require nest thermostat?
- Asked by Matthew S from Charlotte
- Jul 1, 2014
No, it is not required. The NEST Protect will function fully on its own, including connecting to you No, it is not required. The NEST Protect will function fully on its own, including connecting to your smartphone app. If you have more than one NEST Protect unit in the house, they can 'talk' to each other, so that if an alarm goes off on one (i.e. the basement) and your somewhere else (i.e. upstairs) all the units will warn you of the fire/CO alarm.
Though if you DO have both the NEST thermostat and the Protect, they can 'talk' to each other to improve some functionality of the thermostat. i.e.: The sensors on the NEST Protect will report your presence in the house to the thermostat to help improve the auto away feature. Also, if a NEST Protect detects Carbon Monoxide, it will tell the thermostat, which will then shut down your furnace in case it's coming from there. …
- Answered by Rick K from Nepean
- Jul 24, 2014
What sensor and sensitivity does this have?
- Asked by William S from Grove City
- Jul 1, 2014