Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarm and its companion app on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch make safety easy - and decidedly less annoying. Nest Protect speaks up to tell you what the problem is and where it is. It will even message your iPhone when the alarm goes off or the batteries run low. And you can check on things at any time with the Nest app.
Nest Protect can also see the carbon monoxide you can't. Or if there's only a little smoke from just burning the toast, it gives you a friendly heads-up. It also gives you peace of mind by testing itself constantly and showing you everything's working with a quick green glow when you turn off the lights.
- Connect Nest Protect to Wi-Fi and it will send a message to your iPhone if the alarm goes off or the batteries run low
- Speaks up to tell you if there's smoke or CO and tells you where the problem is so you know what to do
- When there's CO, Nest Protect tells you where it's hiding
- Nightly Promise function tests Nest Protect's sensors and batteries and lets you know it's working with a quick green glow at night
- Silence the chirp of low batteries—Nest Protect shows you they're good before you doze off
- Heads-Up delivers a friendly alert so you can handle burning toast before a piercing alarm goes off
- Sends a message to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if the alarm goes off or if batteries run low
- Prepare for an emergency with the What To Do feature; enter an emergency contact and if something goes wrong, you've got a plan
- When one Nest Protect senses trouble, it tells the others and they all speak up at the same time—even if Wi-Fi is down
Did you notice?Nest speaks up to tell you if there's smoke or CO and lets you know where CO is located.
Apple Recommends ForKeeping safe from smoke and carbon monoxide with alarms and alerts sent to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarm
- 6 long-life batteries designed for multi-year operation (Battery-powered model); 3 long-life backup batteries (AC-powered model)
- Four screws
- User's guide and welcome guide
- Three wire nuts ((AC-powered model)
- AC 230V connector (AC-powered model)
- Height: 4.1 cm/1.61 in.
- Width: 13.4 cm/5.28 in.
- Weight: 352 g
- Length: 13.4 cm/5.28 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: S2001BW
- UPC or EAN No.: 854448003402
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two-year limited hardware warranty
Connect to your Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm from one place - the Nest app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can adjust the temperature on your Nest Thermostat from anywhere and get notifications for important events, like Heads-Up and Emergency Alarm.
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Smoke alarm looks great. But more importantly, it works like a charm. Had it for several months. Burned food for the first time th Smoke alarm looks great. But more importantly, it works like a charm. Had it for several months. Burned food for the first time this week, and it politely told me there was smoke, but not enough smoke for it to go off in a full panic loud mode. Would buy more if I lived in a bigger place that warranted more detectors. Would, and have, recommended the alarm to friends and family. …
- Written by Gary B from Calgary
11 of 11 people found this useful
Do not buy.
I bought four of these when they came out since I loved my nest thermostats. Two of them have been replaced because they had false I bought four of these when they came out since I loved my nest thermostats. Two of them have been replaced because they had false alarms (the only way to stop them from sounding was to rip out the batteries because wave is disabled and button push doesn't do anything. Wasn't this one of the main reason I bought these things?!). And then, even more importantly, one of them DIDN'T ALARM when the damper on my fireplace froze and the room filled up wih smoke! Honestly, I think these things need to be recalled until they are proven to work. Nest has gotten in way over their head on this. If you're actually concerned about safety, DO NOT BUY one of these. There are many less expensive, more reliable options. I would get my money back if I could.
Side note, by suspending sales for a bit of the protect, nest was cleverly able to remove this amazon listing in spring 2014, hence removing all the prior negative reviews. So the high rating here is not an accurate representation of the customer satisfaction.. There we're TONS of negative reviews before. What a joke.
UPDATE: I've had yet another false alarm here. So that's 4 nest protects... 3 false alarms, and 1 time there was no alarm at all with smoke present! I've had 3 replacements units so far, and now one of the replacements is having false alarms. These don't seem to work, AT ALL for me. I think there should be a class action lawsuit with these. Wow, just wow. …
- Written by Lou T from Woodstock
10 of 14 people found this useful
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! NOT READY YET
I bought 3 of these for my home and had a false alarm at 1 am that would not allow me to "hush" it. I had them replaced and now o I bought 3 of these for my home and had a false alarm at 1 am that would not allow me to "hush" it. I had them replaced and now one month later, the replacements had the same issue. Just finished filling out the return paperwork for a credit back.
Sorry that these things don't work as advertised. I really like the concept but obviously there is still some kinks to figure out. …
- Written by Erik O from Portland
6 of 7 people found this useful
It would go off in the middle of night or day just at random. I had 3 of them and i ask for a full refund nest. It a good ideal do It would go off in the middle of night or day just at random. I had 3 of them and i ask for a full refund nest. It a good ideal don't get wrong but its not ready yet …
- Written by Danny C from ROCKVILLE
DOES NOT WORK
I bought 5 of these for my home and 4 of them have had multiple false alarms ... all in the middle of the night, scaring my little I bought 5 of these for my home and 4 of them have had multiple false alarms ... all in the middle of the night, scaring my little boys. Only way to stop the alarm is to remove the batteries, a difficult process. It is obvious, from my experience, and the other reviews, that NEST is selling a faulty product and knows about it. These fire alarms DO NOT WORK. …
- Written by Richard B from Hopewell Junction
Complete Garbage DO NOT BUY
We bought 5,
because we liked our thermostat so much,
alarms would randomly go off, not hush-able, when called nest, on hold We bought 5,
because we liked our thermostat so much,
alarms would randomly go off, not hush-able, when called nest, on hold, no exaggeration 3 hours, 21 minutes. only to tell me to return them.
sent them back to nest, took 4 MONTHS! to get the money back. i will never buy nest anything again. …
- Written by Justin F from Langley
1 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
What color is this product (black or white?)
- Asked by Joseph S from Del Mar
- Sep 5, 2014
Does the nest protect require nest thermostat?
- Asked by Matthew S from Charlotte
- Jul 1, 2014
No, it is not required. The NEST Protect will function fully on its own, including connecting to you No, it is not required. The NEST Protect will function fully on its own, including connecting to your smartphone app. If you have more than one NEST Protect unit in the house, they can 'talk' to each other, so that if an alarm goes off on one (i.e. the basement) and your somewhere else (i.e. upstairs) all the units will warn you of the fire/CO alarm.
Though if you DO have both the NEST thermostat and the Protect, they can 'talk' to each other to improve some functionality of the thermostat. i.e.: The sensors on the NEST Protect will report your presence in the house to the thermostat to help improve the auto away feature. Also, if a NEST Protect detects Carbon Monoxide, it will tell the thermostat, which will then shut down your furnace in case it's coming from there. …
- Answered by Rick K from Nepean
- Jul 24, 2014
What sensor and sensitivity does this have?
- Asked by William S from Grove City
- Jul 1, 2014