Jump and roll anywhere
Fast, rugged, and lively, the Parrot MiniDrone Jumping Sumo robot performs acrobatics on command from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using the FreeFlight 3 app. This easy-to-use device gives you an entirely new way to experience playing with robots.
An acrobatic and fearless adventurer
Jumping Sumo generates its own Wi-Fi (AC) connection, so you can automatically connect to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as soon as you enter the free FreeFlight 3 application. An advanced jumping system gives Jumping Sumo a vertical and horizontal jump up to 2.5 feet/80 centimeters. It also rolls at up to 3.3 ft/s (2 m/s) and turns 90 and 180 degrees in the blink of an eye.
Take control your way
Jumping Sumo offers two different experiences with its adjustable wheels. Depending on your level of experience you can choose stability (wheels extended) or speed (wheels retracted). The sturdy, shock-proof design lets it jump, roll, spin, and explore without stopping. Plus, Jumping Sumo always lands on its wheels. Thanks to its built-in gyroscope and high-speed processor, you can make the most of Jumping Sumo’s superb agility and highly intuitive driving control.
Small size, big personality
Jumping Sumo reveals its cheeky and mischievous personality through the flashing LED lights and sounds. You can also customize your robot's look according to your mood with a range of stickers. Program your own animations and choreograph different moves and tricks to impress everyone watching.
- Generates its own Wi-Fi (AC) connection with a control range of up to 164 feet/50 meters
- Easily controlled with the FreeFlight 3 app on your iOS device
- Able to jump vertically and horizontally up to 2.5 feet/80 centimeters and always lands on its feet
- Preload the spring to anticipate your jumps or use one of the three modes: Jumper, Kicker, Auto-Balance
- 640 by 480 pixel wide-angle camera captures, streams, and saves photos and videos to your iOS device or directly on to a micro-USB flash drive
- A "road plan" lets you program a sequence of actions; the itinerary is available on the FreeFlight 3 application and appears among the pre-programmed movements
- Move forward, backward, and adjust your speed to adapt to the situation
- Rolls up to 3.3 ft/s (2 m/s) and avoids any obstacles that get in the way by turning 90 or 180 degrees with the swipe of your finger
- Removable Lithium-Polymer battery provides up to 20 minutes of fun (battery also compatible with MiniDrone Rolling Spider)
- LED lights and sounds bring Jumping Sumo to life
Did you notice?Jumping Sumo automatically generates its own Wi-Fi connection to your iOS device when you open the FreeFlight 3 app.
Apple Recommends ForEntertaining yourself and friends with a leaping robot you control via iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Parrot MiniDrones Jumping Sumo Robot
- micro USB charging cable
- Two spare rubber feet
- Quick start guide
- Power Source: Battery Power
- Height: 4.33 in./11 cm
- Width: 7.28 in./18.5 cm
- Weight: 6.35 oz./180 g
- Length: 5.9 in./15 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: PF724002
- UPC or EAN No.: 3520410022418
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: 12 months from the initial date of purchase (excluding consumables, which are warranted during 6 months from the initial date of purchase) upon presentation of proof of purchase of the retailer (including the date and place of purchase, product serial #).
1 App, 3 Parrot Drones!
Get FreeFlight 3, the free and official control app to pilot the Parrot Drones (Bebop Drone, Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider).
SUPER-INTUITIVE – Piloting Parrot drones have never been easier thanks to the adjustable interface, which is able to adapt to the connected drone. FreeFlight 3 is equipped with an intuitive tactile control interface, adapted for beginners that allows you to jump, fly and roll like a pro within minutes! Easily control the Parrot drones by leaning your smartphone/tablet in the direction you want your drone to fly!
EASY PAIRING - Freeflight 3 App automatically detects the type of Parrot drone you are piloting.
How to connect to Bebop Drone: Switch on the drone, activate the Wi-Fi of your tablet/smartphone. In the network menu, select “Bebop”. Launch FreeFlight 3.
How to connect to Rolling Spider: Switch on the drone, activate the Bluetooth of your tablet/smartphone and launch FreeFlight 3. Turn on the drone, activate your Tablet/Smartphone’s Bluetooth and launch FreeFlight 3.
How to connect to Jumping Sumo: Switch on the drone, activate the Wi-Fi of your tablet/smartphone. In the network menu, select “Jumping Sumo”. Launch FreeFlight 3.
ACROBATIC FIGURES – Parrot Bebop drone is a lightweight, yet robust quadricopter, equipped with a 14 megapixel "fisheye" camera. Once on the welcome screen, you will access the following functionalities: Piloting, photos/videos, flight plan, Cloud "Pilot Academy"... You can also complete user settings for altitude and speed, piloting mode (accelerometer, virtual joystick...). FreeFlight app also includes fun features such as one-touch Flip!
Parrot Jumping Sumo is a responsive robot with a personality! It rolls, rushes, zigzags, circles, takes turns at 90° and, in a flash, jumps up to 80cm in height and length! Jumping Sumo offers 3 piloting modes: Auto-Balance, Kicker and Jumper. You can roll and jump anywhere!
Parrot Rolling Spider is an ultra-compact flying drone with impressive agility. It flies indoors and outdoors with great speed and stability. It rips through the air, flips and thanks to its removable wheels, rolls from floor to ceiling! With Rolling Spider and FreeFlight 3, you can be rapid, agile, perform aerobatics and 90° (and 180°) turns thanks to the “swipe” control feature!
VIDEO & PHOTO – Parrot Bebop Drone photo and video stream is synchronized in real time on your smartphone. Share your best shots instantly on Facebook or Picassa. Showcase your flights on Youtube with the touch of a finger. Jumping Sumo is equipped with a wide-angle camera that streams the video on the screen of the piloting Smartphone or the Tablet. You discover the world at the height of the Jumping Sumo and explore areas that were inaccessible until now. It can also take pictures and videos which are stored on a micro-USB stick (not included) plugged directly into the robot. The vertical camera of Rolling Spider can be used to take snapshots.
ROAD PLAN – A ‘road plan’ enables you to program a sequence of actions. When you access the application, the itinerary appears amongst the pre-defined movements of your Jumping Sumo. Create your best figures to impress your friends!
Roll, jump, fly!
DRONE ACADEMY - Connect to Parrot Cloud to share your stats with other pilots. Keep track of all your sessions and share your photos, videos and navigation data with other members of the Parrot Cloud. Connect to share instantly to YouTube or Facebook. Join Pilot Academy with over 150,000 pilots registered. Free backup of your sessions and acrobatics data.
For an overview on piloting the drones, check out our tutorial videos. …
1-800-MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
How is the battery life?
- Asked by Laks G from Chicago
- Dec 5, 2014
The Battery lasts up to 20 minutes
- Answered by Milton W from Currumbin
- Dec 23, 2014
Will the Parrot MiniDrone jumping Sumo be compatible with the new iphone6
- Asked by Amparo D from Katy
- Dec 21, 2014
Can You really have a arm that grab Candy bars, or is it false?
- Asked by Johan F
- Sep 20, 2014
no they got rid of it
- Answered by Grace W from Balaklava
- Dec 13, 2014
How far will it travel with bluetooth connectivity?
- Asked by Rith S from Phnom Penh
- Sep 11, 2014
- Answered by Bryan Y from Annandale
- Sep 21, 2014
What age is able to use this item
- Asked by Janice J from East Bridgewater
- Jul 18, 2014
I am not sure what the company says, but if they can use a iPhone, iPad, iPod they will be able to d I am not sure what the company says, but if they can use a iPhone, iPad, iPod they will be able to drive it around and enjoy jumping it. My 10 nephew has showed me things that I couldn't figure out on it. …
- Answered by Robert S from Pembroke
- Aug 25, 2014