G-Tech's G-RAID Studio is a high-performance Thunderbolt 2 storage system with hardware RAID and two removable 7200 rpm hard drives. Configurable in RAID 0, RAID 1, or JBOD, G-RAID Studio offers transfer rates up to 360 MB/s to easily support 2K and compressed 4K video workflows. Which means you save time when working on demanding video and photo editing projects.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
With Thunderbolt 2 now built into the new Mac Pro and MacBook Pro with Retina display, you can connect up to three 4K displays at once. Thunderbolt 2 gives you up to 20 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch. Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- 360 MB/s sustained transfer rates
- Thunderbolt 2 interface technology
- Dual Thunderbolt ports for daisy-chaining
- Enterprise-class hard drives for maximum reliability
- Supports multistream HD, 2K, and compressed 4K workflows
- Hardware RAID, RAID 0 (Performance), User selectable RAID 1 (Protected), and JBOD
- Removable high-performance 7200 rpm drives
Did you notice?Transfer rates up to 360 MB/s easily support 2K and compressed 4K workflows.
Apple Recommends ForHandling the most demanding video and photo editing projects alongside your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- G-Tech G-RAID Studio Thunderbolt 2 Hard Drive System
- Thunderbolt cable
- Power cable
- AC power adapter
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: RAID support, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt 2
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 8.39 in./21.31 cm
- Width: 4.29 in./10.9 cm
- Weight: 6.01 lb./2.73 kg
- Length: 7.13 in./18.11 cm
- Mac OS X v10.9 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G03366
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487195149
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does 6TB G-Raid take up both ports or just one?
- Asked by Michael R from Rancho Palos Verdes
- Oct 2, 2014
No answers yet
Can I use a thunderbolt 2 drive on my 21" imac thunderbolt connection . Bought my imac July 2013
- Asked by Ralph W
- Aug 14, 2014
Yes, you can use this with any Mac with a Thunderbolt connection. If you connected this Thunderbol Yes, you can use this with any Mac with a Thunderbolt connection. If you connected this Thunderbolt 2 drive to a mac with an original Thunderbolt port (v1) then you'll simply be limited by the slowest device in the chain and won't get the full speed that thunderbolt 2 offers. The connections are exactly the same so you won't need to change connections …
- Answered by Daniel O
- Aug 29, 2014