Just like MacBook, Twelve South's BookBook case is extra light and ultra-thin. This genuine leather design has rigid hardback covers with reinforced corners to protect MacBook from impacts, while its soft, chocolate brown, padded interior helps preserve the finish on your Mac.
You can use BookBook like a traditional sleeve. Or you can secure your MacBook in place with the elastic corner bands, so you're free to use it without removing BookBook. This unique case also provides an additional level of security by disguising your MacBook as a vintage novel.
- One-of-a-kind case disguises MacBook as a vintage novel
- Genuine leather and hand-distressed finish
- Lightweight and only slightly more than an inch thick
- Cornices provide a visual cue so you always open case right-side up
- Dual zippers allow access to ports on either side of MacBook
- Velvety, padded interior adds another element of protection
Did you notice?BookBook cleverly disguises your MacBook, helping to keep it out of sight when not in use.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook in a case that's durable yet light and ultra-thin.
What's in the Box?
- TwelveSouth BookBook for MacBook Pro with Retina Display
- Form Factor: Hard Case
- Material: Leather
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1408
- UPC or EAN No.: 811370020082
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
Yes, it is fit 13 pro retina
I saw a bookbook on amazon said that model is for both 13 air and pro, but I checked the 12south website and found out that size o I saw a bookbook on amazon said that model is for both 13 air and pro, but I checked the 12south website and found out that size on amazon it is only for 13 air (it is little too bigger for 13 pro because the bands will not stay on screen if using 13 pro). There is a model for 13 pro retina only on 12south website.
Besides, the price on amazon is much higher than original (20 bucks for the one i saw and the others are even way much higher on Amz) and if order on 12south's website it may cause tax when it come to canada from usa.
So I was waiting the apple store would come up the one for 13 retina pro only and finally, the store began selling this size on Aug13 and I ordered and got one day after.
The size fits my pro perfectly (there is still some space upon screen and under palm area to ensure the book cover closed. When you close it the screen will move up and front to fill the space the opened book left)
The bad thing is there are no bands on palm area, so i should be careful when i carry around. The designer says the reason why there are no bands is because they hope the customers to use bookbook more likely as a sleeve rather than a case and the bands near the screen just for few situations that people don't want move their laptop out of bookbook (what a nice reason to cheap out ). come on, don't let two little bands destroy its good design and quality. The zipper feel cheap, but i like its sound. …
- Written by Kaifeng X from St.catharines
48 of 56 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is there a BookBook case for the MacBook Pro 13 inch with retina display?
- Asked by Oscar I from Auburn
- Jan 26, 2015
Yes there is one which is stated to fit the MBP Retina but my experience is that it is a little over Yes there is one which is stated to fit the MBP Retina but my experience is that it is a little oversized for it and the top elastic straps are not exactly a perfect fit. …
- Answered by Shankar V from New Delhi
- Mar 6, 2015
What are the dimensions of this case? I am especially curious about the width of the spine.
- Asked by Elizabeth M from Sacramento
- Jan 4, 2014
Lightweight and only slightly more than an inch thick
From TwelveSouth specs
- Answered by Mary B from Lodi
- Feb 16, 2015
Hello I am worried about the macbook pro getting hot with it...
- Asked by Paulina M from Mexico City
- Oct 18, 2014
I have the Bookbook on my iPhones & iPad. That said, neither have given me any issues with heat. Per I have the Bookbook on my iPhones & iPad. That said, neither have given me any issues with heat. Perhaps it's the leather absorbing some of the heat? I've been using them since they came out (before they were even sold on the Apple website). I had some problems with devices back then but not since I've had the Bookbook. That said, Bookbook has made consistent improvements since its inception so I'll be purchasing yet another one next iPad. The craftsmanship is wonderful quality and a work of art. My oldest one is finally beginning to loose it's elasticity after many years. The outside is still awesome. I've taken it everywhere (only people who read books even notice & they just want to know what interesting old book I must be reading). It's given me a sense of safety for reading in public places. Worth all the pennies spent, in my opinion. …
- Answered by Marian M from Cape Coral
- Jan 18, 2015
Would this fit a 11" Macbook Air with a Speck case on?
- Asked by Yan J from Menlo Park
- Aug 9, 2014
It fits my 13" MacBook Pro Retina with a Speck case on just perfect and the zippers never scratched It fits my 13" MacBook Pro Retina with a Speck case on just perfect and the zippers never scratched it. …
- Answered by Ferdinand C from Union City
- Nov 5, 2014
Will this case fit my MacBook Pro 13.3" with retina display if I currently have a Kuzy-Retina Rubberized Hard Case on or will it have to be taken off
- Asked by Cory B from Covington
- Oct 15, 2014
The 13" BookBook for the MBP Retina has a fair amount of space to accommodate any snugly fitting har The 13" BookBook for the MBP Retina has a fair amount of space to accommodate any snugly fitting hard case. The BookBook has enough space on both sides as well as length and height. But the best would be to actually try it out first. …
- Answered by Shankar V from New Delhi
- Oct 16, 2014